Raiders release G Gabe Jackson

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Feliciano hasn't been here for like 4-5 years already.  I don't think he was ever with the Raiders with Mayock and Gruden.  The fact that he even commented on this move just boggles my mind.  He has no idea what G. Jackson is thinking.

faliciano was drafted in 2015, and played with the raiders through the 2018 season

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Feliciano hasn't been here for like 4-5 years already.  I don't think he was ever with the Raiders with Mayock and Gruden.  The fact that he even commented on this move just boggles my mind.  He has no idea what G. Jackson is thinking.

It does seem like it’s been longer then it has.  Simple brain fart, that’s all.  We all do it. Feliciano is a low level starter IMO whose gotten better as time went on... as happens with most players.... he prolly could have started but didn’t 1 to 1.5 years.  But I don’t see why he’s so Spiteful. Kinda nuts if you ask me.  Imagine being that sour?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It does seem like it’s been longer then it has.  Simple brain fart, that’s all.  We all do it. Feliciano is a low level starter IMO whose gotten better as time went on... as happens with most players.... he prolly could have started but didn’t 1 to 1.5 years.  But I don’t see why he’s so Spiteful. Kinda nuts if you ask me.  Imagine being that sour?

Probably because we never tried to re-sign him.

12 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Or maybe he’s telling the truth and that Gabe is glad to be out. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Or maybe he’s telling the truth and that Gabe is glad to be out. 

Maybe.... who knows.  But I believe Gabe was a mostly happy Raider.....

mainly because he was advocating for his friend and fellow lineman D.Good to get an extension and “get paid”.  If you wanted to leave why would you advocate for a friend to stay?

Gave may have a good season next year but from watching his Slow decline since 2017 he isn’t worth the money.  Time to Sink a 3rd-4th into a G and a 2nd into a RT and have a cheap OL for a few years. Bring in some cheap veterans and or resign Good or reduce Incognitos deal and keep him.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gabe is a good dude but the run blocking just wan't it this year. To be honest, it was god awful. Jacobs didn't have room to run and our run game struggles hurt us in the RZ. Unsure if that's on him, but we need that $$$ badly.

Gabe had 3 blown run blocks in ‘16 (a year he was in for 412 run snaps.... and 1 blown run block In ‘18 (302 run snaps).... but the last 2 years (291/418) he’s had 11 and 10 blown run blocks.  

He’a far from A scrub.... but he never ever returned to the “Pro Bowl” level season he has in 2016.  Im Absolutely not saying he’s been garbage but I do absolutely think his Perceived level of play has been inflated by our fan base the last few years.  He’s not close to a “near Pro Bowl” player.  He’s a solid starter.

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Maybe.... who knows.  But I believe Gabe was a mostly happy Raider.....

mainly because he was advocating for his friend and fellow lineman D.Good to get an extension and “get paid”.  If you wanted to leave why would you advocate for a friend to stay?

C’mon he was advocating Good to get paid how does that correlate to being happy to be a Raider ??

As we all know it’s a business, Gabe is a vet who has seen what happens, promises are made and reneged upon, players need to look after themselves. 

Is it really far fetched to think Gabe might be happy to leave? 1 playoff appearance in 18 years, 1 winning season in the same time etc, the missed draft picks, FA pickups? I don’t.