Raiders release G Gabe Jackson

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gabe is a good dude but the run blocking just wan't it this year. To be honest, it was god awful. Jacobs didn't have room to run and our run game struggles hurt us in the RZ. Unsure if that's on him, but we need that $$$ badly.

Why not mention his pass blocking ? 0 sacks allowed last year. 

19 hours ago, Dessie said:

4-5 years ago?  he left in 2019 lol and was with us from 2015, the fact you don’t know this says everything. 

It doesn't say everything.  It literally says very little, if anything.  I'm sorry I can't recall everything about the Raiders from memory.  But his comment is still spiteful and petty.  He may have been unhappy here but he can't speak on behalf of Gabe Jackson.  That's what I'm arguing in the first place.  I've never once heard he was unhappy.  When you compare the two, G. Jackson was a starter, received a second contract, and was paid top OG money.  Feliciano was a backup who never received a second contract and never received much pay from us.  Two different worlds.

39 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It doesn't say everything.  It literally says very little, if anything.  I'm sorry I can't recall everything about the Raiders from memory.  But his comment is still spiteful and petty.  He may have been unhappy here but he can't speak on behalf of Gabe Jackson.  That's what I'm arguing in the first place.  I've never once heard he was unhappy.  When you compare the two, G. Jackson was a starter, received a second contract, and was paid top OG money.  Feliciano was a backup who never received a second contract and never received much pay from us.  Two different worlds.

feliciano went from being a reserve on a team that has been stuck in neutral for half a decade now to starting for a team with one of the more promising futures in the league. i can see his perspective

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

feliciano went from being a reserve on a team that has been stuck in neutral for half a decade now to starting for a team with one of the more promising futures in the league. i can see his perspective

God I hope we are good soon.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Feliciano was a teammate of Gabes for 4 years,  you said he wouldn’t know what Gabe is thinking, there’s a very good chance he would know. Feliciano also played for Gruden which you said he hadn’t. 

42 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

This, I am not sure why he would be ‘butthurt, salty or sour’ seems like he got the better end of the deal tbh? 

• Like 1

He’s regressed over the past two years. Many times he gives up a sack fast and easily. And he’s never been a good run blocker. Was a great pass protector from 2014-2017. 

This is a win. Our line was average last year because of Gabe’s regression, Richie’s injury, and Trent never wanting to play. 

18 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gabe is a good dude but the run blocking just wan't it this year. To be honest, it was god awful. Jacobs didn't have room to run and our run game struggles hurt us in the RZ. Unsure if that's on him, but we need that $$$ badly.

Gabe has never been a good run blocker. 2016 was one of the greatest pass protections this league has ever seen, but that line was only 10th in Run Blocking. Gabe and the RT were not good run blockers. Penn, Osemele, and Hudson were the run blockers of that team. 

Gabe was a borderline Elite Pass Protection Guard from 2014-2017, but never a good run blocker. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’s regressed over the past two years. Many times he gives up a sack fast and easily. And he’s never been a good run blocker. Was a great pass protector from 2014-2017. 

This is a win. Our line was average last year because of Gabe’s regression, Richie’s injury, and Trent never wanting to play. 

0 sacks allowed last year so that’s nonsense. 

12 minutes ago, Dessie said:

0 sacks allowed last year so that’s nonsense. 

Hmmm guess 2018 and 2019 are the years I remember defenders blowing past him with ease. I remember it was the year before the injury and the year of the injury. 

Still doesn’t change the fact he’s way overpaid and has never been a good run blocker in his entire career. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Feliciano was a teammate of Gabes for 4 years,  you said he wouldn’t know what Gabe is thinking, there’s a very good chance he would know. Feliciano also played for Gruden which you said he hadn’t. 

He played for Gruden for a single season and just because they were teammates 2 years ago doesn't mean he knows everything Gabe is thinking.  Gabe might come out thanking the Raider organization, his teammates, and the fans, and are you going to sit there and say it's just bs because of what Feliciano wrote on twitter?  I'll wait to see what Gabe says before I ever care to take into consideration what a backup guard from two years ago thinks.  

I don't even know why this is a topic worth arguing for you.  At the end of the day, I still think Feliciano can suck a cat turd for all I care.  He's just sitting there being spiteful and petty towards his old team that actually drafted him, which is pathetic IMO.