Raiders release G Gabe Jackson

RaidersAreOne

This move only looks bad if they can’t bring Good back. Richie looks like he will be back with what I assume will be a restructured contract. Raiders missed him once he went down. He was the one guy that was the wild guy that brought an attitude to the offensive line. He was the nasty streak. Rest of the guys on the line are pretty quiet guys. 

• Like 1

If half of our picks would consistently turn out like Gabe did we'd be in great shape. 

Good pick, had a nice long Raider career and probably cut 1 or 2 years early due to the covid/cap impact. I wish him the best.

As for our oline, i'm not worried right now, should be a lot of good guys available the coming weeks

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This move only looks bad if they can’t bring Good back. Richie looks like he will be back with what I assume will be a restructured contract. Raiders missed him once he went down. He was the one guy that was the wild guy that brought an attitude to the offensive line. He was the nasty streak. Rest of the guys on the line are pretty quiet guys. 

If we can bring Good back we'll be just fine.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Stats.com is a joke.  I’m not attacking you, I’m just saying it’s not credible.  I’ve followed that site for years and they Notoriously under state sacks allowed.

pff is hit or miss on sacks.  They’re pressures and hurries stats are good but they tend to under report sack stats.  

Sis data hub tends to have the most accurate stats from my experience.  I’ve tested this out by looking at players stats for a number of games and going back And watching the game to do my own count.

So the site you quoted is right and the 2 I quoted are wrong lol. 

3 hours ago, Roninho said:

If half of our picks would consistently turn out like Gabe did we'd be in great shape. 

Good pick, had a nice long Raider career and probably cut 1 or 2 years early due to the covid/cap impact. I wish him the best.

As for our oline, i'm not worried right now, should be a lot of good guys available the coming weeks

The 2014 class was the one thing Reggie got right picking Mack, Carr, and Jackson in the first 3 rounds. Crazy that Carr is the only player remaining from that class and has to be one of only a handful of guys left from the McKenzie era. 

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

Your pretty argumentative.  This isn’t about me being right and you bring wrong.  This isn’t me being better than you.  I don’t own sis data and you don’t own stats and pff.

I simply passed along a useful link to a very good stats site.  Excuse me for trying to be helpful.  If you don’t want to use it then don’t.   This isn’t some massive debate.  We’re talking one sack allowed versus 0.  Who really cares... Jackson was a very good pass blocker either way.

if your that defensive about stats.com and pff I don’t know what I can say.  Stats is a joke, and that’s not just my opinion that’s pretty universal.   Pff isn’t bad but like I said they often have lower stats totals Because they  attribute more sacks to the QB and coverage to then they should.

17 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your pretty argumentative.  This isn’t about me being right and you bring wrong.  This isn’t me being better than you.  I don’t own sis data and you don’t own stats and pff.

I simply passed along a useful link to a very good stats site.  Excuse me for trying to be helpful.  If you don’t want to use it then don’t.   This isn’t some massive debate.  We’re talking one sack allowed versus 0.  Who really cares... Jackson was a very good pass blocker either way.

if your that defensive about stats.com and pff I don’t know what I can say.  Stats is a joke, and that’s not just my opinion that’s pretty universal.   Pff isn’t bad but like I said they often have lower stats totals Because they  attribute more sacks to the QB and coverage to then they should.

I could say the same about you tbh.

I just find it laughable that you sought to discredit the 2 websites that have a different number to the 1 website you raised.

Now you say it isn’t a big deal..

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Just because you were acting like that I did 9 Mins of research:

Week 4 at Buffalo Bills

Q4, 5:31 Which is 9:05/10:26

Q. Jefferson strip sacks Carr

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I could say the same about you tbh.

I just find it laughable that you sought to discredit the 2 websites that have a different number to the 1 website you raised.

Now you say it isn’t a big deal..

Read the next message.... video proof.  

Since you wanted to make this a “whose right versus whose wrong” little Pissing contest.... looks like I was right.

you ever think that maybe I discredited the sites because I knew they aren’t always accurate?

Again this wasn’t about discrediting you originally.  I was offering a more accurate source of data to a fellow Raider fans and poster.  I watch a lot of OLine tape and track sacks allowed and have always found Stats to suck and pff to be be mostly good but can make Mistakes.

Edited by jimkelly02

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Just because you were acting like that I did 9 Mins of research:

Week 4 at Buffalo Bills

Q4, 5:31 Which is 9:05/10:26

Q. Jefferson strip sacks Carr

😂😂you’re putting that on Jackson he barely touched Derek and he fumbled it. You’ve just wasted 9 mins.

Edited by Dessie

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

😂😂you’re putting that on Jackson he barely touched Derek and he fumbled it. You’ve just wasted 9 mins.

Whether that was Derek’s not so great grip that contributed or not it’s still A sack That Jackson gave up.... in under 3 seconds

Edited by jimkelly02

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Whether that was Derek’s not so great grip that contributed or not it’s still A sack That Jackson gave up.... in under 3 seconds

You are reaching trying to blame Gabe for that but according to you it’s not a big deal, lol.