Raiders release G Gabe Jackson

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Dessie said:

Explain to me what Gabe does wrong? 

I provided video proof of a sack allowed by Jackson.  If you want to blame Carr for it more then that’s fine. 

bur stats websites credited Jackson with a sack allowed for a reason.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

I provided video proof of a sack allowed by Jackson.  If you want to blame Carr for it more then that’s fine. 

bur stats websites credited Jackson with a sack allowed for a reason.

And I have quoted 2 sites who don’t attribute the sack to Gabe. 

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

You are reaching trying to blame Gabe for that but according to you it’s not a big deal, lol. 

It’s not a big deal.... I never set out to prove you wrong.  I offered a very good stats website to you and others. 
Like I said I’ve researched and watched a lot of oline tape over the years and compared it to the stats from all 3 sites and found sis data to be the best.  

None of this means Jackson wasn’t great in pass protection last year or you don’t know football.

but you took What I said as a personal challenge when it was me offered a helping hand.  As i said before I was trying to prove you wrong initially.  You got nasty for some reason I can’t understand.  

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

And I have quoted 2 sites who don’t attribute the sack to Gabe. 

And yet the tape shows a sack allowed by Jackson.  You can put Some blame on Carr, but it’s still a sack allowed by Jackson.  Jackson’s man got penetration rather quickly.... not super fast.... prolly in 2.5 Seconds.... and reached out and swiped the ball for a fumble/strip sack.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s not a big deal.... I never set out to prove you wrong.  I offered a very good stats website to you and others. 
Like I said I’ve researched and watched a lot of oline tape over the years and compared it to the stats from all 3 sites and found sis data to be the best.  

None of this means Jackson wasn’t great in pass protection last year or you don’t know football.

but you took What I said as a personal challenge when it was me offered a helping hand.  As i said before I was trying to prove you wrong initially.  You got nasty for some reason I can’t understand.  

Don’t start with the blame game. You replied to my quote of 0 sacks to@MrOaktown_56, you then discredited the 2 websites that I quoted whereas I never discredited yours. 

Despite you saying it’s no big deal 0 sacks or 1 sack,  you then took ‘9 mins’ to find a video supporting your claim of Jackson giving up a sack. 

When I explained why I disagreed and why the 2 websites didn’t attribute the sack to Jackson now you are trying to blame me for being nasty.. that is pretty pathetic. 

11 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Don’t start with the blame game. You replied to my quote of 0 sacks to@MrOaktown_56, you then discredited the 2 websites that I quoted whereas I never discredited yours. 

Despite you saying it’s no big deal 0 sacks or 1 sack,  you then took ‘9 mins’ to find a video supporting your claim of Jackson giving up a sack. 

When I explained why I disagreed and why the 2 websites didn’t attribute the sack to Jackson now you are trying to blame me for being nasty.. that is pretty pathetic. 

I discredited the sites.... not you.  Yes, I’ve found those two sites to have faults.  Which is why i tried to be nice and offer a link to A better stats website.  

If we We’re talking about Cars and you said the new Corvette has 450hp and I replied with a Link to A dyno run from a very legit tuning shop that showed Chevy was Overstating the hp a little bit.... that wouldn’t be an insult or challenge of you, it would be a questioning of Chevy.  Right?

You took it as an insult and challenge.  Had you said Jackson only allowed 1 sack the point your were making wouldn’t have changed: Jackson was very good in pass protection.  

Not Everyone is out to argue or prove others wrong.  Sometimes People (like I) Just like to Pass on links/resources to people in the “community”.

I hope you have a great rest of your day... take care.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

I discredited the sites.... not you.  Yes, I’ve found those two sites to have faults.  Which is why i tried to be nice and offer a link to A better stats website.  

If we We’re talking about Cars and you said the new Corvette has 450hp and I replied with a Link to A dyno run from a very legit tuning shop that showed Chevy was Overstating the hp a little bit.... that wouldn’t be an insult or challenge of you, it would be a questioning of Chevy.  Right?

You took it as an insult and challenge.  Had you said Jackson only allowed 1 sack the point your were making wouldn’t have changed: Jackson was very good in pass protection.  

Not Everyone is out to argue or prove others wrong.  Sometimes People (like I) Just like to Pass on links/resources to people in the “community”.

I hope you have a great rest of your day... take care.

Yeah of course it was you being nice and not trying to prove me wrong, that’s why you took ‘9 mins’ to find the video. 

You too, have a good one. 

52 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Yeah of course it was you being nice and not trying to prove me wrong, that’s why you took ‘9 mins’ to find the video. 

You too, have a good one. 

Not that you will believe me and nor do I care.... but yes initially I was absolutely just being friendly and offering a good source for OL stats that, just happened to have a different sack total.... and it also Had other useful OL stats.  I’ve also offered everyone here PFF’s insider draft guides and other PDFs several times.  It doesn’t cost anything to be friendly and share info.  

if anyone wants the Access to Nfldraftscouts premium page I’m willing to provide that too.

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Not that you will believe me and nor do I care.... but yes initially I was absolutely just being friendly and offering a good source for OL stats that, just happened to have a different sack total.... and it also Had other useful OL stats.  I’ve also offered everyone here PFF’s insider draft guides and other PDFs several times.  It doesn’t cost anything to be friendly and share info.  

if anyone wants the Access to Nfldraftscouts premium page I’m willing to provide that too.

You are right I don’t believe you especially given you discredited the sites I provided but stated the site you provided as being the most accurate. You then took ‘9 mins’ to find a video to try to provide proof that you were right. That’s you just ‘being friendly’ though. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jackson was the 4th highest paid RG in the NFL last season, with that type of money he has to play at an all-pro level yet was outplayed by Denzel Good who we paid $2.5M. 

I like Good and think we should be re-signing him but where’s the evidence that he outplayed Gabe last year.

On sacks allowed, penalties, PFF grade he was behind Gabe.

12 hours ago, Dessie said:

You are right I don’t believe you especially given you discredited the sites I provided but stated the site you provided as being the most accurate. You then took ‘9 mins’ to find a video to try to provide proof that you were right. That’s you just ‘being friendly’ though. 

Hey If you want to use sites that fit your narrative but are inaccurate that’s fine.  I didn’t realize you’d be so triggered about a stats website.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Hey If you want to use sites that fit your narrative but are inaccurate that’s fine.  I didn’t realize you’d be so triggered about a stats website.

For someone who claimed it wasn’t about proving me wrong, who couldn’t care less about 0 sacks and sack and just being friendly you do seem keen for me to push your narrative re the stats website. . 

Hey if you wanna just pick 1 website that clearly does not put any blame on the QB for sacks to suit your narrative and is therefore inaccurate, that’s on you. I had 2 websites both giving the same data. 

Edited by Dessie

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

For someone who claimed it wasn’t about proving me wrong, who couldn’t care less about 0 sacks and sack and just being friendly you do seem keen for me to push your narrative re the stats website. . 

Hey if you wanna just pick 1 website that clearly does not put any blame on the QB for sacks to suit your narrative and is therefore inaccurate, that’s on you. I had 2 websites both giving the same data. 

Again, it wasn’t about proving you wrong .... until you acted like a clown.  I don’t think me clarifying that Jackson allowed one sack not zero is really correcting YOU.  It’s correcting your source.  0...1.... even 2...3 sacks allowed doesn’t matter because Jackson is still a very good pass protector that will be hard to replace.

Pushing “my” source to the side and “your” source to the side.... it’s clear as day Jackson allowed a sack from that video.  Jackson Was blocking Q.Jefferson and in roughly 2.5 Seconds Jefferson Got penetration and stripped the ball.  Interestingly enough Jefferson was credited with a sack on that play.  

If a WR has a ball go Through his hands and it gets INT’d is it not a INT on Carr’s stat line?

lastly, just look At the quality of the stats Provided by SiS vs Stats.  Stats only shows sacks allowed and penalties committed. Sis offers way more stats and actually breaks it down on a game log.

I didn’t have any Issue with you prior to this little interaction.  I wasn’t trying to show you up.  But now you showed your true colors by acting as you did.