Raiders release G Gabe Jackson

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Felicino tweeted after we released Gabe "I know he's happy af right now." lol 

yes yes I saw that. but that is still speculation. 
Gabe being a Raider for what 6-7? seasons, is pretty good for a 3rd round pick. If all our 3rd round picks make it 6 years wed be in a good spot haha.
just was saying, there are examples of people clearly not wanting to be here. AB TBrown . . 
a guy who signed a 2nd contract, and then was released cause he wouldnt restructure . . isnt necessarily players running out on us. 

even if its true, and hes happy AF now, maybe thats cause he wants to chase a ring, hes prob closing in on 30? and maybe thinks he has 3 years left.
Tons to speculate on. 

On 3/11/2021 at 7:20 AM, BackinBlack said:

yes yes I saw that. but that is still speculation. 
Gabe being a Raider for what 6-7? seasons, is pretty good for a 3rd round pick. If all our 3rd round picks make it 6 years wed be in a good spot haha.
just was saying, there are examples of people clearly not wanting to be here. AB TBrown . . 
a guy who signed a 2nd contract, and then was released cause he wouldnt restructure . . isnt necessarily players running out on us. 

even if its true, and hes happy AF now, maybe thats cause he wants to chase a ring, hes prob closing in on 30? and maybe thinks he has 3 years left.
Tons to speculate on. 

Gabe never said anything I'm just saying that it's telling that even past players are publicly saying things like that. Players clearly don't respect Gruden.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Gabe never said anything I'm just saying that it's telling that even past players are publicly saying things like that. Players clearly don't respect Gruden.

ok fair that I can agree with, there have def been players who leave and they say some things that are clearly shots at the raiders. . 
'its good to be in a winning locker room' , 'practice intensity is way higher' , 'held to a higher standard'
stuff like that I def hear, and it sucks. It has been happening way before Gruden too.

Gruden has complete control of this team. By his choice to, he wanted to be the guy. If we win, he is the main reason, and when we lose, he is the main reason. 
The past 3 seasons have been bad, that is on him. 
Yes his  O was pretty good, but HIS  D was terrible. 
I feel like he doesnt realize he is judged based on the whole team not just the O now. 

I hope he gives up more control to Gus / mayock . . and let those build the D, and Gruden just run the O. 

well I'm sure Gabe isn't happy about getting cut, who wants to get fired? Gabe lost out on millions, I highly doubt anyone overpays his salary in the Raider fashion. John F is a hater because we didn't want to pay him as a starter or believed we had to keep him. He did prove to be a solid starter, but it's whatever.  

13 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I hope he gives up more control to Gus / mayock . . and let those build the D, and Gruden just run the O. 

Obviously Mayock would work closely with Bradley to ensure he likes prospects/free agents but Mayock should have final say in all of our personnel decisions. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously Mayock would work closely with Bradley to ensure he likes prospects/free agents but Mayock should have final say in all of our personnel decisions. 

Bradley could be huge for our draft decisions. If we can partially blame guenther for misses on defense, the Chargers have drafted/developed a lot of DB's/front 7 players.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bradley could be huge for our draft decisions. If we can partially blame guenther for misses on defense, the Chargers have drafted/developed a lot of DB's/front 7 players.

Didn't the Chargers defense vastly under preform last year? If we give Bradley that type of power it's almost guaranteed that Sherman and Ingram will be Raiders next season.