Lions signed wr tyrell Williams

flyguy1609

There's a lot marks starting to pile against this GM. He'll get next offseason too before I start making real opinions but man... Basically nothing he did at WR worked this year.

His resigning of Goff before he played looks really dumb.

Pretty much no one they brought in looks that great. I mean honestly, they're all truly average or worst?

A lot needs to be done this off-season. Some of it, hands were tied, others like the teams WR debacle... That's squarely on Holmes cause he signed two guys that basically never played (Bennard/Williams) and traded for another who can't see the field (Benson). Looking at those moves alone and people could question, what the hell are you even doing? Though, like I said he's got time. Total throw away year and everyone knew it just saying... Looks rough when you see what he had to work with at WR and what he brought in. Literally brought in worst than he had to work with....

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

There's a lot marks starting to pile against this GM. He'll get next offseason too before I start making real opinions but man... Basically nothing he did at WR worked this year.

Pretty much no one they brought in looks that great. I mean honestly, they're all truly average or worst?

A lot needs to be done this off-season. Some of it, hands were tied, others like the teams WR debacle... That's squarely on Holmes cause he signed two guys that basically never played (Bennard/Williams) and traded for another who can't see the field (Benson). Looking at those moves alone and people could question, what the hell are you even doing? Though, like I said he's got time. Total throw away year and everyone knew it just saying... Looks rough when you see what he had to work with at WR and what he brought in. Literally brought in worst than he had to work with....

I really don't disagree. The thing that really bothered me about Holmes this year was the Trinity Benson trade.  That one, for me, was comparable to Quinn not resigning Glasgow just to turn around and sign HV for the same money. That was a tick against Holmes for me.  Not signing WR...well, if the plan was to suck this year, which I believe it was, then no harm done. If it was to partly see what you had in Goff, then WTF? Next year I'm going to be looking a lot closer.  I really haven't even watched them this year as  I knew it was going to be a **** show with a bunch of place holders.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1

I think that Quinn got a little cocky with his ability to evaluate receivers. He has taken guys like Kupp and Woods and found some real studs without giving out massive money or spending 1st/2nd round picks on those guys. 

Our WR group is a joke. St.-Brown, Raymond, and Cephus look like they have future roles on a NFL team, but more as #3 or #4 receivers. And those guys have been our best options this year. I don't really know what they were thinking with that position group unless all of the free agents just decided that they didn't want to play here for some reason. 

5 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

The bolded was necessary to field a team in 2021. Yeah it sucks to have Goff and his cap hit linger longer but they didn't really have a choice imo.