Giants release WR Golden Tate

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I could see him in Miami. Or wherever Russell Wilson is going. Pretty sure they’re good friends. 

Pretty sure Tate had an affair with Wilson's first wife.

I mean, they could still be friends but I'm not THAT sure about it.

I think the Giants should go after Curtis Samuel in free agency.  Completely different player than Tate in that he's more of a vertical threat.  But it would give the Giants some flexibility going into the draft.  Worth noting that Gettleman was the GM when the Panthers drafted Samuel.

3 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

Pretty sure Tate had an affair with Wilson's first wife.

I mean, they could still be friends but I'm not THAT sure about it.

It was never confirmed but yeah it seemed like Tate and Wilson were on bad terms when he left.

35 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I wonder if he has anything left or if he should just hang it up.

He thinks he's got a ton left, but in reality, he doesn't. His speed and change of direction skills have diminished quite a lot.

Somewhere he could go where he'd have success in more of a role player/reserve role is San Francisco, potentially spelling Deebo Samuel. Shanahan uses his receivers as extensions of the run game, which would allow Tate to do what he can still do well. 

I'm biased, but I think he would do very well in Carolina too complimenting DJ Moore and Robby Anderson.  He'd play the same role Samuel did (even though Samuel is a lot faster, his deep speed wasn't something we could utilize due to Teddy's limitations).