23 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will Jets Draft at 2?

• Wilson
    • Fields
    • Jones
    • Lance
    • Other

16 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It would help if we actually drafted or acquired a good quarterback, though.

We have no clue if we’ve drafted a good QB Bc we’ve never put that guy in a situation to succeed. As I stated... if we drafted Mahomes... we would’ve moved on from him like the rest. Bc we would never give him talent. Same as we didn’t with Darnold, Geno, Sanchez, etc

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We have no clue if we’ve drafted a good QB Bc we’ve never put that guy in a situation to succeed. As I stated... if we drafted Mahomes... we would’ve moved on from him like the rest. Bc we would never give him talent. Same as we didn’t with Darnold, Geno, Sanchez, etc

Agree to disagree on that. To make that statement suggests Mahomes is strictly a product of Andy Reid, which I cannot subscribe to. He was destined for greatness. It just would have taken a hell of a lot longer to get there had we drafted him. 

Just like it took Rodgers longer because he was stuck behind a HOFer in Favre. 

48 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Agree to disagree on that. To make that statement suggests Mahomes is strictly a product of Andy Reid, which I cannot subscribe to. He was destined for greatness. It just would have taken a hell of a lot longer to get there had we drafted him. 

Just like it took Rodgers longer because he was stuck behind a HOFer in Favre. 

He’s a product of a kid with talent but in a system and a system that has put weapons around him. To help him succeed. We haven’t done that. We did that with Sanchez and that got rid of everyone after we paid him.

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We have no clue if we’ve drafted a good QB Bc we’ve never put that guy in a situation to succeed

In 2009, Sanchez started behind an awesome OL and running game. We had Edwards, and Cotchery on the outside and Stucki in the slot with Keller at TE. We went to the playoffs. I think Sanchez was put in a position to succeed. Unfortunately, it was short lived.

Edit:  Whoops looks like I posted too late. 

Edited by xrade

1 minute ago, xrade said:

In 2009, Sanchez started behind an awesome OL and running game. We had Edwards, and Cotchery on the outside and Stucki in the slot with Keller at TE. We went to the playoffs. I think Sanchez was put in a position to succeed. Unfortunately, it was short lived. 

Yes Bc we got rid of the run game. Let OGs go. Let Edwards and Cotchery go. This just proves my point.

We also finally got Geno talent (Decker, Marshall, Ivory) and then he punched his teammate in the face. Played 1/2 a game mid season and looked incredible and than got hurt for the year.

Darnold was never even given anything close to nfl talent players around him. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We also finally got Geno talent (Decker, Marshall, Ivory) and then he punched his teammate in the face. Played 1/2 a game mid season and looked incredible and than got hurt for the year.

Wasn’t it Geno who got punched by a DL?  I forget now. 

This Sam Darnold pity party needs to end. My goodness, you would think by the comments here that he was thrown into the same situation with us that Kendall Hinton was thrown into by the Broncos last season.

Poor Sam. If only he was given a chance. 

Give me a frickin' break.

53 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

This Sam Darnold pity party needs to end. My goodness, you would think by the comments here that he was thrown into the same situation with us that Kendall Hinton was thrown into by the Broncos last season.

Oh so Darnold had Gordon, Jeudy, Hamler, Sutton, Fant to throw to?

Gotcha

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Darnold was put into just about the worst possible situation you can think of. If you could draw up a plan to make it as difficult as possible for him to succeed, it would look like exactly what the Jets did. 

People need to stop with these extremes. He’s likely just not good enough but the Jets did him absolutely no favors. This was the result and it’s unsurprising.

36 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I voted for Wilson as I have him slightly ahead of Fields. Really though I love both prospects. I’m shocked Fields has zero out of the 22 votes. 

It’s probably due to all the positive news coming out about Wilson.

I like Fields better. I’d be happy with Wilson as well. But it’s hard to ignore the narrative being pushed. Even DJ thinks Wilson is the guy for us.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I voted for Wilson as I have him slightly ahead of Fields. Really though I love both prospects. I’m shocked Fields has zero out of the 22 votes. 

Its bc someone like me who would prefer Fields still voted for Wilson. Bc the poll is who will we draft not who do you want us to draft.