Kyle Pitts

Millenhater

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think it really depends on the staff. If my staff isn't going to let him drive the shape of the offense and would just sit him at TE and never move him there isn't much sense to it. It'd be like buying the nicest car you can think of and never going on the highway / just driving it a legal speed around a town.

But he's a special prospect.

100%. If you're playing him in the traditional TE role then a) you probably shouldn't be an OC/HC and b)you're going to be misusing him. It's like trying to haul your boat with a Porsche. It might work for a bit but it's far from being efficient, not the best use of talent and things will break down rather quickly. 

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm not saying I want him over Chase at all... just that I would take him over Waddle and Smith. Again, all of that is assuming his numbers check out.

I have zero issues in taking a guy getting Mike Evans comparisons (perennial 1,000 yard receiver). 

I'd take Chase and Smith over him. But Waddle's durability worries me, so I'd take Pitts over Waddle (as gifted as Waddle is).

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'd take Chase and Smith over him. But Waddle's durability worries me, so I'd take Pitts over Waddle (as gifted as Waddle is).

I have a tougher time with a guy of Smith's stature compared to someone like Pitts. Assuming his athleticism shows up, I just like Pitts that much more. I guess I'm just a H/W/S guy. Maybe I'm just Al Davis' long lost son.

If Pitts checks out in the speed/agility drills, I can be on board with his selection. I am so torn right bow of this draft and really itching to get some drill times and medicals in for so many players given we didnt get the combine. I really want to see what the lbers look like too.

Like I said elsewhere, Pitts would be like buying a $5000 set of tires before you have the Ferrari. Installing an inground swimming pool before you have your house built.

Pitts would be an incompetent use of the #7 pick for a rebuilding team and therefore I don't expect this front office to do it.

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

Like I said elsewhere, Pitts would be like buying a $5000 set of tires before you have the Ferrari. Installing an inground swimming pool before you have your house built.

Pitts would be an incompetent use of the #7 pick for a rebuilding team and therefore I don't expect this front office to do it.

i mean there is a house...jsut a crap detroit suburb house lol...would be like putting in a niccccce bathroom...yeah kitchen is still crap...but it adds value to the team...idc who it is it just has to be a future multiple time pro bowler 

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

i mean there is a house...jsut a crap detroit suburb house lol...would be like putting in a niccccce bathroom...yeah kitchen is still crap...but it adds value to the team...idc who it is it just has to be a future multiple time pro bowler 

The odds of that happening aren’t that great. 

9 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Do you feel that way about other WRs in the top 10?

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Do you feel that way about other WRs in the top 10?

WRs? No. Pitts? Yes. He's a TE who can't block. He's what people projected Eric Ebron to be. A WR in a TE body. Pitts is a good player, he's not in my top 7 players overall, and being a TE moves him down even further for me. Let another team draft a TE in the top 10. We've already down it twice in the last 7 years.

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

WRs? No. Pitts? Yes. He's a TE who can't block. He's what people projected Eric Ebron to be. A WR in a TE body. Pitts is a good player, he's not in my top 7 players overall, and being a TE moves him down even further for me. Let another team draft a TE in the top 10. We've already down it twice in the last 7 years.

Pitts is an absolutely massive WR. And he blocks extremely well for that position. Eric Ebron couldn't hold a candle to him. In fact, they tossed him one and he dropped it.

You're not drafting a TE in the top 10. You're drafting a 6'6" 250 pound receiver who is too fast and agile for LBs, too big and strong for DBs, and has hands reminiscent of a prime Larry Fitzgerald. He can play anywhere you want him on offense as a receiving target. If you confine him to TE, you should be fired from your job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Ebron’s profile was always a mystery to me.  He couldn’t block, he couldn’t catch and honestly he wasn’t that athletic coming out.  He was Athletic for sure but not this amazing athlete.  I think he ran a 4.6 at 250.  Not Vernon Davis status.  Always hated the pick.  

9 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Can we all agree hes not really like Ebron??? Sucks pitts will lose money just because of the stigma with his position label. He should just say he was a WR. sucks no combine. I bet he wouldve been helped out by it. Cant wait until pro day though. @7 we need a leader though thats forsure. Whether on Oline. LB, QB, WR. I vote for Oline or a weapon or a trade down. If we could somehow trade down and get Zaven Collins and Toney with Scary Terry later rds. Id be pumped.

Just putting my two cents in as an outsider here.  If I was a Lions fan, I would be OK with getting Pitts, but would rather see the team add Chase or Waddle to the receiver corps because you already have Hockenson who is a pretty darn good TE in his own right.  I just think that a dynamic receiver would probably add more to your offense overall because you already have Hock.  You can never have too many great receivers.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Just putting my two cents in as an outsider here.  If I was a Lions fan, I would be OK with getting Pitts, but would rather see the team add Chase or Waddle to the receiver corps because you already have Hockenson who is a pretty darn good TE in his own right.  I just think that a dynamic receiver would probably add more to your offense overall because you already have Hock.  You can never have too many great receivers.

You can never have too many WR's. I agree!!! 

As much as I know they need a receiving target I am against going offense at 7.  I am against anyone at #7 as they should trade back but this team needs an influx of defensive talent.

Something like what 38 passing and 27 rushing tds allowed? Worst in league

Like 7.8 NY/A on passing D which is worst as well.

This team needs defense.