Saints release punter Thomas Morstead

Dome

He was a hero as a rookie, nailing the fake onside kick to turn the tide in Super Bowl XLIV... He’ll always be loved in New Orleans, but Father Time has caught up to him.

I bet he makes a team in 2021

27 minutes ago, Dome said:

He was a hero as a rookie, nailing the fake onside kick to turn the tide in Super Bowl XLIV... He’ll always be loved in New Orleans, but Father Time has caught up to him.

I bet he makes a team in 2021

Fox 8 could have used one more 'D' tail in their tweet. 

/dad jokes

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

he wasnt great or anything, how much do they save though is the real question

This year he wasn’t... but before this year he’s always been one of the best in the league, plus or minus a few spots depending on the year. 

Saints saving $2.5m with his release.

Edited by Dome

3 hours ago, Sauce Castillo said:

They have a punter they are high on. Morestead kind of fell off. It was time

He did have a back injury he was fighting through this year.. which is why I said I wouldn’t be surprised if he finds a team for 2021.

He may very well have a few more years in him... hard to say with punters 

Great guy to have in the community as well, he was a fan favorite for sure. Tons of folks in New Orleans have stories about running into Morstead and having great interactions with him.

He also was one of the players who volunteered to come out for the last snap of the game after the “Diggs. Sideline. Touchdown!” play when other players had already left the field. Morstead had broken ribs when he came out for that snap, just tough as nails.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

Great guy to have in the community as well, he was a fan favorite for sure. Tons of folks in New Orleans have stories about running into Morstead and having great interactions with him.

He also was one of the players who volunteered to come out for the last snap of the game after the “Diggs. Sideline. Touchdown!” play when other players had already left the field. Morstead had broken ribs when he came out for that snap, just tough as nails.

Got nothing but love for Morestead.  Hope he goes somehwere and wins another ring.