Saints release punter Thomas Morstead

Dome

35 minutes ago, Dome said:

Great guy to have in the community as well, he was a fan favorite for sure. Tons of folks in New Orleans have stories about running into Morstead and having great interactions with him.

He also was one of the players who volunteered to come out for the last snap of the game after the “Diggs. Sideline. Touchdown!” play when other players had already left the field. Morstead had broken ribs when he came out for that snap, just tough as nails.

I didn't know that. Baller as heck, and if it wasn't for the azn senzation we have at punter I'd welcome him to the Falcons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dome said:

He did have a back injury he was fighting through this year.. which is why I said I wouldn’t be surprised if he finds a team for 2021.

He may very well have a few more years in him... hard to say with punters 

Didn't know he was hurt. Also didnt anticipate being this hurt about losing a punter. But the guy was great on and off the field. Will be an asset to any team that can grab him

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

He used to be though. Didn't like the dude for how good he was for a rival but I respect his game.

yeah i just meant last year, he's had a good career

18 hours ago, Dome said:

This year he wasn’t... but before this year he’s always been one of the best in the league, plus or minus a few spots depending on the year. 

Saints saving $2.5m with his release.

thats a decent chunk for a punter