Matt Ioannidis

turtle28

5 hours ago, mike23md said:

Who is this Anderson guy? I have not seen him on the field if at all. Smith and Kerrigan seem to be finding their niche. Now with Allen out, I am not sure how that will effect Smith, but still. 

Ioannidis was basically invisible last year.  Some guys take more time to adjust to the NFL.  Too early to tell with Anderson.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Anderson got drafted into the teams deepest position. Him having barely any snaps was predictable and entirely understandable, he's still a good football player and I think he'll be a starter when Kerrigan retires.

I don't expect that to happen for at least 4 more years ideally, so, uh, that sucks.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't expect that to happen for at least 4 more years ideally, so, uh, that sucks.

The Anderson pick was silly. I like the player a lot but don't see the need. Cunningham really should've been the pick and I think a lot of people said it at the time. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

That still doesn’t mean that Anderson won’t be our #3 OLB for 4 years. I’m not sure that Galette stays that long.

Not his fault he got drafted to play behind a pro bowler 

On 10/19/2017 at 10:10 AM, lavar703 said:

The Anderson pick was silly. I like the player a lot but don't see the need. Cunningham really should've been the pick and I think a lot of people said it at the time. 

Hard to be against that or us taking Dalvin Tomlinson to be our NT. Tomlinson is rated a spot above Allen in pff rookie grades, Cunningham is starting in Hou now w/ Cushing out and pff has him rated just behind Allen in rookie grades.

so much for him being to skinny to play ILB like some said.

yea don't forget Murphy either.  I agree this was a luxury pick, we really needed to go ILB.

But this thread was for Matt "the colossus" Ioannidis.  I said it last year when we picked him, he will be a very good one eventually.  And man has he delivered.   And I honestly don't think he will stop getting better and better.  it truly sucks Allen got hurt because I can see by the end of the year these two being called one of the best pair of inside DLs in the game.  

Next year....

Archived