Greedy opening up about shoulder and missed ‘20 season

buno67

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/03/greedy-williams-opens-up-about-his-dead-shoulder-hurtful-fake-injury-attacks-and-plans-to-shock-the-world-in-21.html

Very good write.  I will admit when MKC writers stories like these, the writing it done very well. When she has to make up drama and finish for quotes, her work is usually garbage but if someone had a story to tell and they use her as a mouthpiece, the work is usually pretty good.  

article kinda makes you feel for him. 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/03/greedy-williams-opens-up-about-his-dead-shoulder-hurtful-fake-injury-attacks-and-plans-to-shock-the-world-in-21.html

Very good write.  I will admit when MKC writers stories like these, the writing it done very well. When she has to make up drama and finish for quotes, her work is usually garbage but if someone had a story to tell and they use her as a mouthpiece, the work is usually pretty good.  

article kinda makes you feel for him. 

He didn't come right out and say it specifically but it sounds like he had major muscle atrophy.

Had that happen in my left leg 20 years ago due to nerve damage in my rear upper left leg/lower left butt cheek.

Took me 2 years to rebuild the muscle mass and the leg hasn't been quite right since.

Wish him the best.

Edited by bruceb
Correction

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Fluff piece. I’ll believe it when I see him on the field. 

He finally had movement in his arm. It's worth celebrating for him the person. 

Arent you an RN? You should know nerves are somewhat important. 

That’s what I’ve been saying we should probably move forward like he’s not going to play. 

and I’d be very cautious moving forward with expecting instant contribution from Delphit as well. 

Id go into the offseason and especially the draft with the mindset that if they come back that’s a unexpected addition as opposed to the expectation 

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That’s what I’ve been saying we should probably move forward like he’s not going to play. 

and I’d be very cautious moving forward with expecting instant contribution from Delphit as well. 

Id go into the offseason and especially the draft with the mindset that if they come back that’s a unexpected addition as opposed to the expectation 

Agree.

Only rational way to plan.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

He didn't come right out and say it specifically but it sounds like he had major muscle atrophy.

Had that happen in my left leg 20 years ago due to nerve damage in my rear upper left leg/lower left butt cheek.

Took me 2 years to rebuild the muscle mass and the leg hasn't been quite right since.

Wish him the best.

The fact they kept him active for 5 games speaks louder than anything typed here

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

The fact they kept him active for 5 games speaks louder than anything typed here

That was early though. I’ve got nerve damage in my finger. You hope it comes back till you realize it’s not. 

I’d move on. Probably start him on IR/Pup but nerve is I mean literally the connection to make something work. If we went corner in round 1 I don’t think it’d be a bad move at all especially with Denzel’s history. 

So many things.

1) I hope that Greedy proves us wrong and plays up to the potential that he has. He has the length at 6'2 and the athleticism/production in college to be a great man coverage/press man CB.

2) He's always been a soft and unwilling tackler. This quote stands out to me:

“We were doing this tackling drill,’' Williams said. “It’s supposed to be receivers running towards the sideline and we just wrap them up like formal tackling or whatever. It got out of hand and guys just started hitting like crazy with all of their force. I went and tried to hit a guy with all my force and he ducked his head into my shoulder and ran through my shoulder.’'

Translation:

I got run over by a wide receiver and got hurt, which feeds the narrative that I am not a physical player.

3) This quote, is really concerning:

Williams has been told the nerve will never get back to 100% but that he’ll be able to play at a high level with it at 85% to 90%. He might not be ready for mandatory minicamp in June if there is one, but plans to be ready to start the season.

I'm not saying that his injury isn't real with my second statement, or even that he milked it...but if he's never going to be 100% again, then we need to plan on him never being a contributor and need to add another CB BIG TIME. If Greedy ends up proving us wrong, then we have 3 capable to great CB's, which most teams need anyway in today's NFL.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Dirt. Selling dirt and throwing dirt on people. 

Would you agree that spitting on it would help as well? I’ve heard if you spit on it and rub some dirt on an injury, it increases recovery time by almost half.  

Could be why Greedy missed the season. With Covid and the government implementing a no spitting policy...its a conspiracy to keep the browns down man!!!

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

got run over by a wide receiver and got hurt, which feeds the narrative that I am not a physical player.

I don’t know about that. Sounds like the drill got amped up and guys started to really throw shoulders into it and that’s how he hurt hit. 

your other comment. I think if he was a Running back, lineman, linebacker, or a safety. A guy who is going to lay the shoulder into another player a majority of the game, I think his career would be done. I think as a cover corner tho, he should be fine.  Biggest thing is how strong the shoulder can be and if their are issues when it comes to jamming a WR. I think he could be fine but I agree, you have to address the depth. It’s a win win, if you get a guy to replace greedy, we have a legit player to replace him. If you get a guy to replace him But greedy plays up to his potential, great you just got a stud a lot guy or stud depth player