Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman retires

kingseanjohn

On 3/5/2021 at 10:03 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I know its a joke but not many FBs in today's game make it to the HOF.

Although Mike Alsott should be in!

If they were going to make fullbacks in the hall of fame a thing, I'd honestly rather see them go with the premier blocking guys from the era where they kind of helped define the whole workhorse RB based league. Neal, Richardson, Johnston, Strong, etc. Alstott was fun to watch, but I'll never not feel that his reputation is kind of a weird result of playing a position a way no one else was. Like when Mike Tolbert kept making the pro-bowl as a FB because he was the only FB with more than like 25 carries. There were several better blocking FBs in the league through Alstott's whole career. As a runner he really wasn't efficient at all, it just looked cool because he was labeled a FB. If he was labeled a RB, he just would've been a far worse power back than Jerome Bettis. But since he was labeled a FB it was seen as something special, even though most of his actual carries came from the usual RB alignment.

• Like 2