9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would rather just wait for Von Miller to be let go in a few days at this point or make a trade for Hunter. Clowney sucks.

No clowney doesn’t suck. He just isn’t an elite pass rusher. He’s very good against the run and getting pressure. We need an elite run defender. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I don't agree that missing lm the last 3 means dropping the ball. Having to pay baker and ward soon is going to be expensive. I'm ok with spreading out cash for a few middle tier guys than a ton for one player that's not even elite. We have so many holes on defense. We don't need that side of the ball to be elite, just functional.

Your not breaking the bank for those guys for 2 more years. Still have 4th yr and 5th yr. options. you could easily signed a guy with an out after 2 yrs.

you don’t save money when you have a QB on a rookie deal. That’s when you spend 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No clowney doesn’t suck. He just isn’t an elite pass rusher. He’s very good against the run and getting pressure. We need an elite run defender. 

I don't think he would be any better than Vernon the last 2 years honestly. Im not giving him anymore than 10-11m per year.

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I don't think he would be any better than Vernon the last 2 years honestly. Im not giving him anymore than 10-11m per year.

He’s quicker than Vernon. I’m not paying him 10-11. But 7-8 is fine. 

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He is always injured and doesn’t produce.  I would say he sucks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd go in on Ingram. He is a moving wall.

When he is healthy, he has been hurt the past 2 years and is going to be 32. I wanted Lawson, Hendrickson, Judon, guys who were younger and could be playing for a 3rd contract

3 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

He is always injured and doesn’t produce.  I would say he sucks.

I guess if you look at box score stats. 

but he’s always amongst the leaders in double teams, Pressures and run stops 

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So that's Lawson, Hendrickson, Dupree and Ngakwe off the board.

Whose left? 

Ingram and Clowney but that is the bottom of the barrell for that tier of player. After that we have these guys and none of them excite me at all

• Haason Reddick, Cardinals
  • Justin Houston, Colts
  • Aldon Smith, Cowboys
  • Carlos Dunlap, Seahawks
  • Takk McKinley, Falcons

We have to pray Denver releases Von Miller tomorrow

46 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Your not breaking the bank for those guys for 2 more years. Still have 4th yr and 5th yr. options. you could easily signed a guy with an out after 2 yrs.

you don’t save money when you have a QB on a rookie deal. That’s when you spend 

Again, not 1 player away on defense. Happy with a group of good players that come at a value. 

People need to wake up. The analytical FO is not going to overpay stupid money for mid tier players. They gave Conklin huge money last year because he's a top all pro guy. None of these pass rushers are all pro players. They are going to be savvy and spend around. So much whining, how about we trust this group that gave us the magic last year???  

FYI they know more than us....

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ingram and Clowney but that is the bottom of the barrell for that tier of player. After that we have these guys and none of them excite me at all

• Haason Reddick, Cardinals
  • Justin Houston, Colts
  • Aldon Smith, Cowboys
  • Carlos Dunlap, Seahawks
  • Takk McKinley, Falcons

We have to pray Denver releases Von Miller tomorrow

Yeah....it's get Von or trade for Hunter at this point for me. All of those other options outside if maaaaaybe Reddick are extremely meh

6 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Again, not 1 player away on defense. Happy with a group of good players that come at a value. 

People need to wake up. The analytical FO is not going to overpay stupid money for mid tier players. They gave Conklin huge money last year because he's a top all pro guy. None of these pass rushers are all pro players. They are going to be savvy and spend around. So much whining, how about we trust this group that gave us the magic last year???  

FYI they know more than us....

For the record Browns fans know more than NFL GM's...

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1