Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

When are we going to start hearing about our own free agents. It would be awesome to see a Nick Chubb signing. Something in the neighborhood of 128 million for 10 years.

I say give Chubb a 4 year deal. Replace this year and then that’s 3 on top. He can still make that new TV money if he’s still got juice. 

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Why not do it now through a draft strong at WR.

If you want to make an omelet, you've got to break some eggs.

I'm not opposed to taking one D2 or later. We also have DPJ, who I think could be primed to explode onto the scene in some capacity this year. He's shown flashes and has a year under his belt. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

People laugh, but thats a good idea lol It worked for the Panthers last year who spent every draft pick on defense.

Next acquisition on D is coming through trade.

Hunter, Lattimore or Gilmore.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I'm not opposed to taking one D2 or later. We also have DPJ, who I think could be primed to explode onto the scene in some capacity this year. He's shown flashes and has a year under his belt. 

Agree.

But the elephants in the room are Beckham and Landry. One (preferably Beckham), the other or both of them have to go.

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not laughing but I dont think ignoring the offense entirely is wise.

Id look to add at minimum an OL, WR, TE (especially if they’re looking to potentially trade Njoku) and perhaps a RB if a nice one is there day 3.

We need to take advantage of the fact that we have some talent at those positions and we actually have a chance to develop players and not force them into early PT.

We need to prepare for the inevitable departure of OBJ and Juice, be it next year or whatever.

Our OL is great, but a competent swing tackle would be huge.  

TE is a position we seem to value greatly, and it’s a slow developing position. 

If we’re going to continue to be a team that wants to run teams into the ground, a nice 3rd back allows us to continue that if/when someone gets banged up.

That still leaves 5 picks for the defense, more potentially if we trade Njoku.

You build on strengths as well as try to shore up weaknesses.

This draft plays more to our strengths than our weaknesses.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

2/3. Re-sign Wyatt Teller

Only with compensation tied to availability. Tiered for how many games he answers the bell.

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

2/3. Extend Baker Mayfield.

Only at the right price, which is closer to $30mm than $40mm, and maybe not even then.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Either way, I wouldnt mind the Browns tossing that late 1st round pick at Hunter. THAT is a move that would change the Browns defense for the better and would come with far less uncertainty. 

Bingo!

It will take more than that but he seems to be worth it vs. the entire DE crop in this draft.

37 minutes ago, bruceb said:

There will not be a good DE at our spot in R1.

We gotta trade up to get Rousseau methinks.

Also, Jaelan Phillips is definitely worth the #26 overall pick. He’s in the 2nd tier of pass rushers in this class (Rousseau is the only tier 1 IMO), but he’s still worthy of a 1st round pick. The only concern I have with him is medicals. Yeah that’s a concern, but Phillips is an electric pass rusher with a great motor and run stopping capabilities. He’s a complete DE when he’s healthy and played well in every game this year.

I’m ok with a guy being a 1-year wonder as long as he dominated in that 1 year. He wasn’t bad at UCLA. He just didn’t get to play healthy.

Phillips may not make it to 26, but if he does and we don’t trade up, he’s gonna be a Brown. 

You guys are underestimating this pass rush class. It doesn’t have the elite players littered in the top 15 like some classes do, but the DE class as a whole is pretty good. The only thing is that there’s not much difference between the edge you’ll find at 26 and the edge you can get in the 3rd round. There is a logjam n in the tier 2 area of edges. 

• Like 1

Just now, LinebackerGod said:

You guys are underestimating this pass rush class. It doesn’t have the elite players littered in the top 15 like some classes do, but the DE class as a whole is pretty good. The only thing is that there’s not much difference between the edge you’ll find at 26 and the edge you can get in the 3rd round. There is a logjam n in the tier 2 area of edges. 

In any other year I would say draft and develop a DE, but for some reason I get the sense that the Browns are in a small little window here where they can afford to be aggressive in FA with win-now moves while a lot of their too talent is still on rookie deals.

If there is anytime to be a little over aggressive I think now is the time.

• Like 1