Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, LinebackerGod said:

JC Jackson is awesome though. He’s worth it. He’s amazing in man coverage, but our dunce for a DC refuses to run it, so idk 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Calm down.  Our DC did not have the personnel to run his scheme in 2020.

Let him do what he knows rather than freak out when he doesn’t do what he isn’t familiar with.

We have our 3 safeties now, let’s see how that works out.  I am most worried about the dline now.

Woods wants to run the 9ers D from the year that they faced the chiefs in the super bowl.  That D was all about an elite dline and very good secondary.

9 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Joe Woods wasn't smart enough to make basic checks. I think if we had a better coach, we would have beaten the Chiefs. I hate his scheme.

Imo one of the reasons we see so much turnover on defense is how slow we looked against the chiefs- we didnt have the raw speed to play with them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Joe Woods wasn't smart enough to make basic checks. I think if we had a better coach, we would have beaten the Chiefs. I hate his scheme.

100% right. He was either too stupid or too stubborn to change his scheme to fit the players around him. That’s a terrible coach. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Which is why I want clowney on the edge....

Clowney seemed to avoid the Browns like the plague last year. They offered him the most money and he literally got involved with 2-3 other teams after that before settling on the choice. Seems like the Browns want Clowney, but Clowney doesnt want the Browns.

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Clowney seemed to avoid the Browns like the plague last year. They offered him the most money and he literally got involved with 2-3 other teams after that before settling on the choice. Seems like the Browns want Clowney, but Clowney doesnt want the Browns.

He didn’t avoid us. He wanted something like 20M per year in the start of free agency. We came in with like 12M. He said no. We then reworked OVs deal and decide to keep him and pulled clowneys offer. Then he sat around and realized no one was going to pay him what he though he could get so he sign with the Titans for the most he could get. 

Plus we were a lot different of a team a year ago. We were still viewed as a joke. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

You and I normally agree on so MUCH. I have to completely disagree here, he is a coach that wants to play a Big Nickle and he was given Sendejeno and Joseph, as well as not having at least half his starting secondary for the year...we already knew that LB was not going to to be strength (Taki Taki improved a good amount) and half of that crew was out for the year with Mack Wilson almost tearing his ACL in camp and then not getting back until week 8 and then looking like he was playing hurt most of the year, till the Chiefs game.....as well as Jacob Phillips missing about the same amount of time. Not to mention Myles Garrett (AND Denzel Ward and Oliver Vernon) missing a few games, and then never being the same after Covid. Playing so short handed all year, and coming up with playing that 5-2 vs the Titans to win a crucial game and holding the league rushing champion to his lowest total of the season. In addition to the MASTERFULL job vs the raiders (our O shat the bed there, scoring a total of 6 points), Damn near a pitched a shutout vs the Texans, and I would consider our Defense carrying us to the win over Philly.

I think Woods, crafted a defense each week, that was based on who our opponent was, in addition to who do we had available that week....I like Joe Woods.....now lets see what he looks like with an offseason of focus (like the offense last year) and he gets back half his secondary back, another year of maturation of the LB and CB's (still very young) and some new talent infused.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

You and I normally agree on so MUCH. I have to completely disagree here, he is a coach that wants to play a Big Nickle and he was given Sendejeno and Joseph, as well as not having at least half his starting secondary for the year...we already knew that LB was not going to to be strength (Taki Taki improved a good amount) and half of that crew was out for the year with Mack Wilson almost tearing his ACL in camp and then not getting back until week 8 and then looking like he was playing hurt most of the year, till the Chiefs game.....as well as Jacob Phillips missing about the same amount of time. Not to mention Myles Garrett (AND Denzel Ward and Oliver Vernon) missing a few games, and then never being the same after Covid. Playing so short handed all year, and coming up with playing that 5-2 vs the Titans to win a crucial game and holding the league rushing champion to his lowest total of the season. In addition to the MASTERFULL job vs the raiders (our O shat the bed there, scoring a total of 6 points), Damn near a pitched a shutout vs the Texans, and I would consider our Defense carrying us to the win over Philly.

I think Woods, crafted a defense each week, that was based on who our opponent was, in addition to who do we had available that week....I like Joe Woods.....now lets see what he looks like with an offseason of focus (like the offense last year) and he gets back half his secondary back, another year of maturation of the LB and CB's (still very young) and some new talent infused.

Yeah I actually liked a lot of what I saw from Woods.  

He was given absolutely nothing to work with on the back 7, especially when he’s on record multiple times hinting at wanting to run 5-6 DB’s most of the time.

There isn’t a DC in the league who’s consistently fielding good units with 💩 talent.  Not sure why he’d be any different.

• Like 2