Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Trust the coach do run the system that he knows best and can most effectively coach.  Dont ask him to do something that is way out of his comfort zone.

Fit the personnel to the scheme or the scheme to the personnel? Analytics folks are always looking for market inefficiencies, right? Right now there's a market inefficiency on man corners.

6 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Fit the personnel to the scheme or the scheme to the personnel? Analytics folks are always looking for market inefficiencies, right? Right now there's a market inefficiency on man corners.

I agree with you, but I'm also siding with Joe Woods.

The guys we had in our back 7 last year were largely awful in man coverage.  Greedy and Ward played exactly zero snaps together. If we would've run predominantly man, we would've been toasted even worse.

I'd expect to see a lot more man if/when we get our best man coverage guys back on the field.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Great, so if you own a Ford and the alternator goes out, do you buy an alternator for a Chevy when you go to the parts store just because that’s what is in stock?

after 20 years of no direction at all and sucking, we finally have direction.  Our fans have been conditioned to scrap everything in an instance in a whim.

Edited by DizzyDean

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Great, so if you own a Ford and the alternator goes out, do you buy an alternator for a Chevy when you go to the parts store just because that’s what is in stock?

after 20 years of no direction at all and sucking, we finally have direction.  Our fans have been conditioned to scrap everything in an instance in a whim.

I don't buy your car part analogy. I prefer mine: if the price of beef is up and chicken's on sale, we're cooking chicken. A good chef/coach should be able to cook a gourmet meal with either.

• Like 1

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I was so wrong about him, I thought he would be better than Lattimore in that draft. Pounded the table for Conley multiple times. Boy I was wrong.

Just gotta take those Scarlett and gray glasses off. 

he’s mainly a man corner anyway. Wouldn’t fit us. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

im just now seeing this. How did we not make a similar offer 

Because the way the Browns have gone after McKinley the last year 3x we might have to believe they think he's a lot better than we all do

Edited by AkronsWitness

38 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I was so wrong about him, I thought he would be better than Lattimore in that draft. Pounded the table for Conley multiple times. Boy I was wrong.

Good Brother.....we've ALL in here, stood on the table, with a Bull Horn and wearing police tape for different prospects..and we've ALL looked crazy with certain prospects from time to time, in hindsight.....one recent one for me (I thought that we GOT a steal when we got Justin Gilbert after a trade down 😔)