Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Texans watched our ****ty defense and said “let’s raid their cupboards of all their defensive back talent”.

Im sure that will work out well.

Has anybody else noticed the texans signing a LOT of former Browns? Or it is just me?

28 minutes ago, zelbell said:

This one probably doesn’t deserve it’s own thread lol

We clearly have plans for him. He'll probably make our 53-man roster if we've kept him around this long. I'm sure his deal is miniscule, but we clearly are enamored with him at least as our return man.

17 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

We clearly have plans for him. He'll probably make our 53-man roster if we've kept him around this long. I'm sure his deal is miniscule, but we clearly are enamored with him at least as our return man.

Return guy, gadget plays, etc.  I’m assuming they think he adds some big play potential.

Kinda have to wonder if we plan to draft someone if they actually intend on keeping all of these guys.

Natson, DPJ, Hodge, Hollywood, OBJ and Juice seems like a full WR room for a team that never runs more than 3 WR’s at one time.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Return guy, gadget plays, etc.  I’m assuming they think he adds some big play potential.

Kinda have to wonder if we plan to draft someone if they actually intend on keeping all of these guys.

Natson, DPJ, Hodge, Hollywood, OBJ and Juice seems like a full WR room for a team that never runs more than 3 WR’s at one time.

It's hard to argue with that...but at the same point, 3 of those guys are coming off of the books in the next 2 years (Juice, OBJ, Hollywood) so I can't help but wonder if we roll the dice on someone D2 or D3.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah we don’t really have room for another body there. Hodge and Natson were on the way out I thought, but they clearly invested in those two. Seems like we have a loaded WR room now. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It's hard to argue with that...but at the same point, 3 of those guys are coming off of the books in the next 2 years (Juice, OBJ, Hollywood) so I can't help but wonder if we roll the dice on someone D2 or D3.

1 minute ago, LinebackerGod said:

Yeah we don’t really have room for another body there. Hodge and Natson were on the way out I thought, but they clearly invested in those two. Seems like we have a loaded WR room now. 

Maybe they don’t want to press for a WR on draft day but would be fine eating a million or two if the right player is available?

I love that they’re looking to bring back almost the entire offense though. The continuity should be great for Baker and the offense as a whole.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe they don’t want to press for a WR on draft day but would be fine eating a million or two if the right player is available?

I think the Hollywood re-signing shows that. You at least keep your 3 guy core of WR intact, as well as all 3 TE, both RB, and your entire OL to go with Baker.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love that they’re looking to bring back almost the entire offense though. The continuity should be great for Baker and the offense as a whole.

ABSOLUTELY! Run it back, build off of the momentum on the back end of 2020, and try to build up a defense. They'll have guys like Richardson, Njoku, and Keenum coming off of the books in 2021, and have to make some decisions about Teller and Chubb (PLEASE lock these guys up, especially Nick), but that 2 year window of continuity is there, which means that will give Baker a full 3 years with the same personnel group and offense intact, which is time for him to continue to develop/cement himself as THE GUY when you then need to add "inferior" pieces around him with comp picks and losing guys to free agency.

• Like 1

Not shedding any tears over losing Ogunjobi, but we are officially really thin at DT.  Larry played a LOT of snaps last year (unfortunately).

Jordan Elliot had a rough go of it so far.  Andrew Billings better be ready to play...

We're gonna see a DT signing pretty soon, I think.