Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we cut both of Landry and OBJ, I'd be upset. And, what's more likely IMO, is that we trade OBJ for Godwin and then re-sign Godwin to a big deal. I don't know that it happens, but it would be more likely.

That's a little pie-in-the-sky for me. I'd be absolutely shocked if we were able to swing that somehow.

OBJ's trade value is not what people think it is. I think we would be lucky to get a 4th and a 6th for him, tbh. He's got a bloated salary, is perceived as a drama queen, and is approaching 30 and has had several lower body injuries.

8 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

That's a little pie-in-the-sky for me. I'd be absolutely shocked if we were able to swing that somehow.

OBJ's trade value is not what people think it is. I think we would be lucky to get a 4th and a 6th for him, tbh. He's got a bloated salary, is perceived as a drama queen, and is approaching 30 and has had several lower body injuries.

Perhaps so, but TB12 wants him, and after this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see the "push" of the cap money with a Godwin/OBJ deal. Granted, I'm not counting on it, but it wouldn't shock me. 

1 minute ago, LinebackerGod said:

ehh I don't know about that one. Watch the Oakland game. He was disinterested during that game, as he was getting driven way off the ball all game long.

Bro, I know what I saw. Plus one instance does not define his time as a whole. Relax....

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, I know what I saw. Plus one instance does not define his time as a whole. Relax....

I feel like he's a splash playmaker, not a consistent presence. He flashes, but doesn't usually play a complete 4 quarter game.

I know most interiors don't, but that's why I wouldn't pay him what he's making currently. I feel like you can find what he offers between 2-3 cheaper options in a rotation.

9 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I feel like he's a splash playmaker, not a consistent presence. He flashes, but doesn't usually play a complete 4 quarter game.

I know most interiors don't, but that's why I wouldn't pay him what he's making currently. I feel like you can find what he offers between 2-3 cheaper options in a rotation.

Well, there is a reason he is still here, he's a veteran leader that the FO values. Cheaper options aren't always the best way to go, we obviously value chemistry in the locker room, they'll for sure restructure his contract and probably draft his successor (in addition to having Elliot)

And who cares if he flashes, if you pay close attention, he makes those flash plays when we need him the most, I'll take that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well, there is a reason he is still here, he's a veteran leader that the FO values. Cheaper options aren't always the best way to go, we obviously value chemistry in the locker room, they'll for sure restructure his contract and probably draft his successor (in addition to having Elliot)

Yeah I'm cool with that. If he's really a great locker room guy and a hard worker off the field, sure. Let's keep him around. I don't even hate the idea of keeping him around. I just think if we needed to create money somewhere, his contract would have been one to look at. I feel like he was probably the biggest reason we lost that Raiders game, when I went back and rewatched it. He got his lunch eaten all game long and looked like he had conceded defeat after the 3rd quarter. That's when I kind of gave up on Richardson as a long-term part of this team.  However, if he really is a hard worker and a team guy, definitely should keep him.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

And who cares if he flashes, if you pay close attention, he makes those flash plays when we need him the most, I'll take that 

You are right. He would flash in opportune times and could actually generate interior pressure. That's valuable in the NFL. I guess I want a more consistent player in there, but those guys are incredibly hard to find in this league. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

You are right. He would flash in opportune times and could actually generate interior pressure. That's valuable in the NFL. I guess I want a more consistent player in there, but those guys are incredibly hard to find in this league. 

He probably would if he were 4 years younger