Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

18 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I don’t think we sign a corner.  We will hedge our bets on Greedy and draft one later for depth.

I hope that’s not the plan, if they don’t sign a capable vet, they have to draft one early who they believe could start sooner than later. No way you can go into the season confident that Greedy will stay healthy 

6 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I hope that’s not the plan, if they don’t sign a capable vet, they have to draft one early who they believe could start sooner than later. No way you can go into the season confident that Greedy will stay healthy 

I dunno, resources are limited and we are too thin for comfort on the DLine.  Imagine drafting a cb in round 1, Greedy does fully bounce back, and you have a valuable asset sitting on the bench while your DLine is falling apart.

1 hour ago, BrownsDog23 said:

What's the point in having a guy of you dont see what he has? I fully expect us to have Greedy playing and have a capable succession plan in case he cant go. If Greedy is a success that will make our defensive backfield that much dangerous having a starter level player as a nickel corner

22 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What's the point in having a guy of you dont see what he has? I fully expect us to have Greedy playing and have a capable succession plan in case he cant go. If Greedy is a success that will make our defensive backfield that much dangerous having a starter level player as a nickel corner

We just gave a pretty big contract to our nickel CB.

2 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Also because of the fact that Ward gets banged up a lot too. There is no way you can go into next year relying on Greedy/Ward to be healthy all 16.

You would think they would have learned from this past season how important CB depth is on this team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I don’t think we sign a corner.  We will hedge our bets on Greedy and draft one later for depth.

Iirc, Greedy in an interview (or someone else in a commentary) said that the shoulder will never be more than 85% what it was.

Greedy wasn't exactly great at 100% healthy.

No one in their right mind would count on him to be an integral part of this D.

We would be wise to sign a corner or obtain one in trade and draft one.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Also because of the fact that Ward gets banged up a lot too. There is no way you can go into next year relying on Greedy/Ward to be healthy all 16.

You would think they would have learned from this past season how important CB depth is on this team.

You pretty much can say the same for S.

Right now we have Johnson who presumably is healthy, Harrison who is an injury waiting to happen and Delphin coming back from a pretty severe injury.

The S picture doesn't look so rosy when you look at it that way.

22 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Huh?

We have Richardson, Billings, Jackson and Elliot.

That's not a bad group.

We are going to be thin across the dline in 22. Richardson, billings, talk, and malik are off contract. 

We have two players on contract of any esteem and that is myles and elliot. Imo this will shape our draft strategy, dline will feature 1st or 2nd day, possibly both 

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We are going to be thin across the dline in 22. Richardson, billings, talk, and malik are off contract. 

We have two players on contract of any esteem and that is myles and elliot. Imo this will shape our draft strategy, dline will feature 1st or 2nd day, possibly both 

Good assessment.

But even though the DL draft crop sucks?

If so, we sure won't be going BPA.

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Good assessment.

But even though the DL draft crop sucks?

If so, we sure won't be going BPA.

I'm guessing they will be looking into next year too, if that crop is strong then they might not touch dline until late. 

I think we are poised for bpa  we have as balanced a roster there is sans tampa bay.

50 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Huh?

We have Richardson, Billings, Jackson and Elliot.

That's not a bad group.

Billings was ok against the run, nothing special.  He has not played in a full year.  Who knows what he is at this point.

Jackson want quite like Albert Haynesworth after signing the big contract, but his decline has not been far off.

Elliott also hardly ever saw the field as a rookie and is a complete unknown.