Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

19 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Billings was ok against the run, nothing special.  He has not played in a full year.  Who knows what he is at this point.

Jackson want quite like Albert Haynesworth after signing the big contract, but his decline has not been far off.

Elliott also hardly ever saw the field as a rookie and is a complete unknown.

I feel like Elliot got a lot of snaps but just didn't make any plays. 

Our DT room is solid enough to win a Super Bowl with. The future prospects of this unit are a little bleak, but I don't really worry about future needs. We are set to win now and our roster should reflect that. We have a nice balance of size and athleticism in that room for the time being. Next year there will have to be a major reworking of the unit, but I'm not stressing over it this off-season. We have the luxury of ignoring DT, S, OL, RB, WR, and QB in the draft. Sure we could add a guy at those spots, but I wouldn't dream of it until we get a CB, DE, and LB. Those are big needs, especially the first two. We can't forego glaring needs for future needs on a team that's ready to make a run now.

14 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Our DT room is solid enough to win a Super Bowl with. The future prospects of this unit are a little bleak, but I don't really worry about future needs. We are set to win now and our roster should reflect that. We have a nice balance of size and athleticism in that room for the time being. Next year there will have to be a major reworking of the unit, but I'm not stressing over it this off-season. We have the luxury of ignoring DT, S, OL, RB, WR, and QB in the draft. Sure we could add a guy at those spots, but I wouldn't dream of it until we get a CB, DE, and LB. Those are big needs, especially the first two. We can't forego glaring needs for future needs on a team that's ready to make a run now.

At the same time you don’t pass over a superior DT prospect to try to fill a need.

We’re in a good position where we just take the BPA. They just need to do that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I disagree. If it’s even remotely close, you gotta pick a CB/DE. 

If it’s a toss up I’m guessing they will go with CB or DE just due to positional importance.

I’m saying if they have a DT as clearly the best player on the board, take him.

Sheldon and Jackson are FA’s after the season.  Elliot is an unproven, at least as far as a starter role. There’s a clear need there.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

Huh?

We have Richardson, Billings, Jackson and Elliot.

That's not a bad group.

Meh, realistically, 2 aging guys, one overrated guy and one unproven guy.

9 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Billings was ok against the run, nothing special.  He has not played in a full year.  Who knows what he is at this point.

Jackson want quite like Albert Haynesworth after signing the big contract, but his decline has not been far off.

Elliott also hardly ever saw the field as a rookie and is a complete unknown.

This 

8 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I feel like Elliot got a lot of snaps but just didn't make any plays. 

I remember one or two, but I think he was brought in to eventually push Ogunjobi and couldn't at least as of last year. 

5 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

This is only correct if things happen best case scenario.  When 2 of 4 spots are complete unknowns it’s simply not true.  If worst case scenario happens and they suck then we are not winning a super bowl with them.

12 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

This is only correct if things happen best case scenario.  When 2 of 4 spots are complete unknowns it’s simply not true.  If worst case scenario happens and they suck then we are not winning a super bowl with them.

Who is an unknown? And how would drafting a random dude not be considered an "unknown?"

Jordan Elliot is the only guy that hasn't been a quality starter at some point and he played well as a rookie. This unit is good to go.