Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I was surprised when they said last year the Browns offered Clowney 3yrs/$57m. Even more surprised that he turned it down!!!

Honestly, I don't believe that report.  There's no way he would have turned that down last year.  That is insane money last year, especially for what he signed for.  What he signed for makes it clear (to me, at least) that it was the byproduct of not getting any good offers.

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Honestly, I don't believe that report.  There's no way he would have turned that down last year.  That is insane money last year, especially for what he signed for.  What he signed for makes it clear (to me, at least) that it was the byproduct of not getting any good offers.

Agent leak

53 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Local guys reported something like one year 16M. Ian rap reported 3/57. So someone is being fed false info. I would assume national guy. They have a much more in depth relationship with agents since they cover the whole league. 

Most likely that is it.

On the other hand Dunlap just signed for 2yr/18m. I would like to get Clowney into a contract similar to those numbers.

9 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Well it all comes down to what the guaranteed money was

51 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

FA was agreat success.  We don't need a lot more bodies.

I agree, but we do need a LOT more talent.

I think it’s fair to say we could use a WR, a developmental tackle, DE, DT, LB (or two), corner (or two) and S.

Trade all of our draft picks to move up in rounds 1 & 2.

This looks like a perfect opportunity for my 7th annual link to this article that is inevitably ignored.

https://www.vox.com/2014/5/7/5683448/how-nfl-teams-ignore-basic-economics-and-draft-players-irrationally

17 minutes ago, JDD said:

But that isn't the way the cool kids talk about it. 

Trading down is good when you have a QB, DE, and LT

I mean, I was adamant about wanting to take Myles at 1, a QB at 1 and a LT at 10 last year. I didn’t want to trade those picks at all.  

I didn’t love Wentz in ‘16 so I was good with that trade. Liked the trade in ‘14.  We just couldn’t spot talent for **** after we traded down, but there was plenty there.

I don’t always want to trade down, but I agree, unless you love a guy at one of those spots trading down is a solid option.