Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

3 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

So after the Clowney signing, I hear the browns are looking to sign one more player, a boundary CB, and they should be ready for the draft!

I looked into the available players, and it seems like Richard Sherman, Janoris Jenkins, Malcolm Butler, and Quinton Dunbar are the most likely.

Any thoughts on preference?  I like Butler and Jenkins the best on 1 year deals and will probably be replaced by someone drafted or a healthy Greedy by 2022.

Man, that’s nuts they’re still looking for more, but now is the time.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, that’s nuts they’re still looking for more, but now is the time.

Yeah I keep hearing that there are feelers out there and were looking to make the draft completely based on BPA and not inherent need.  It would be insane to end up with someone like Butler as the 2 while greedy proves it, or the 2nd round pick takes over.  But that's the position were in.  I am LOVING how Berry and company are handling building the team.  I have never agreed with a front office more in their approach.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah I keep hearing that there are feelers out there and were looking to make the draft completely based on BPA and not inherent need.  It would be insane to end up with someone like Butler as the 2 while greedy proves it, or the 2nd round pick takes over.  But that's the position were in.  I am LOVING how Berry and company are handling building the team.  I have never agreed with a front office more in their approach.

Yeah he’s been incredible.

18 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Sorry if I missed it but who are you hearing this from?

and BPA is exactly how it should be done, despite most teams not actually doing so (despite whatever lip service they give).

The first 3 rounds especially, don’t pass on talent because you need a guy at a particular postion.

For example this year even though we don’t need a G, if there’s a guy you think projects as a 10 year starter there, take him.  Same at C, WR, DE, LB, CB, etc.

36 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Malcolm Butler was already signed by Arizona 

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

and BPA is exactly how it should be done, despite most teams not actually doing so (despite whatever lip service they give).

The first 3 rounds especially, don’t pass on talent because you need a guy at a particular postion.

For example this year even though we don’t need a G, if there’s a guy you think projects as a 10 year starter there, take him.  Same at C, WR, DE, LB, CB, etc.

Would you agree that is why GB drafted Love last year? They saw him as a starting QB and was very high on their board and still there. 

55 minutes ago, JDD said:

Would you agree that is why GB drafted Love last year? They saw him as a starting QB and was very high on their board and still there. 

I think QB is obviously a little different, especially at that point in the draft.

Id imagine they liked him a lot, more than most QB’s that make it that far, and figured they’d take him and let him develop.

It’s seemed to work for them.

Drafting BPA just means BPA on your draft board. Your draft board already takes into consideration position value, position of need etc... No one drafts for BPA as in drafting the player regardless of position who you think has the greatest chance to be the best player remaining with no things considered.

Now a flashy name that you have at 38 on your board who you expected gone in the teens isn't a reason to take him at 25 when you have many names ahead of him but that is what not drafting BPA means. Getting away from your own board to take someone because of whatever reason, a coach, owner or whoever likes him and talks you into it.

It doesn't mean taking a RB that is 78 on your board but would be 22 if it was a position of need should be taken at 35 even though he is physically the best player remaining, your board was made with a reason and position of need and position value dropped him to where he should be BPA on your team even though he may be #13 on the Steelers board.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I completely agree.  The only thing I think would keep them from doing some positions is positional value.  If Quinton Nelson is available at 26 I think you take him, because he is a hall of fame caliber player, that being said I would be pretty surprised if they take a guard or a linebacker in the 1st round, based on how they view the positions.  Similarly with Tackle because of how firm they are at the position (but again if Sewell is on the board I don't think twice :-P).  I would be pretty floored if they take a QB or RB there obviously.  But everything else is on the board.  WR like Rashad Bateman? DE like Azeez Ojulari? CB like Asante Samuel Jr? DT like Christian Barmore? S like Trevon Moehrig? none of that would suprise me and all of it would benifit the team!

• Like 1