Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

46 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Maurice Hurst, DT, just got cut by the Raiders. He might be a good get and is still relatively young.

I agree.  I was suprised they cut him.  He hasn't been a great run defender but hes been a really good pass rusher from the inside.  If hes not expensive he would be a good rotational piece

21 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I agree.  I was suprised they cut him.  He hasn't been a great run defender but hes been a really good pass rusher from the inside.  If hes not expensive he would be a good rotational piece

If present day, 25 year old Maurice Hurst was in this draft, I think the only DTs I would take over him would be Barmore and maaaybe Milton Williams. Now, Hurst will have to be paid which obviously makes a big difference, but just pointing out that it's a weak, weak DT class and Hurst is underrated and has been underutilized by that coaching staff.

17 minutes ago, FGK said:

If present day, 25 year old Maurice Hurst was in this draft, I think the only DTs I would take over him would be Barmore and maaaybe Milton Williams. Now, Hurst will have to be paid which obviously makes a big difference, but just pointing out that it's a weak, weak DT class and Hurst is underrated and has been underutilized by that coaching staff.

I honestly don't think he's gotta get paid that well at all, but he may wanna do the ol' 1/$4 mil type of deal. I'd be alright with a 3/$12 mil or something like that but hard to know his market--just guessing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FGK said:

I actually would like to know why, as crazy as the raiders have been, I don't see how they would have kept him off the field. 

My speculation is that they tried to make him into a complete DT and he probably just isn't as good stopping the run as he is rushing the passer. But would I take him on the Browns? Hell yes!

18 hours ago, FGK said:

I don't know.  My draft crush is Alim McNeil.  Hes the one I want.  I would take him over Hurst too.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I don't see us drafting or signing another 3T. There are four of them on the roster.

Only one 1T, and in a historically bad DT class, it would be unwise to draft one before round 6 or 7 or even UDFA for the backup NT spot.

I'm with you, but only 1 of those 5 DT's are signed beyond this year (and that's Jordan Elliott).

Won't be a bit surprised if we draft a DT.

21 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Well, we suddenly have a vacancy if he will sign for cheap.

There is a corresponding move coming in the next 24 hours.

That is either going to be a trade for a big name CB (Lattimore or Gilmore), or Sheldon simply re-signs a new contract at a lower rate.

There have been numerous cuts & re-signings this offseason.

Dunlap in Seattle. Fort in Baltimore. Williams in Pittsburgh. 

Whatever happens, it's gonna be good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

There is a corresponding move coming in the next 24 hours.

That is either going to be a trade for a big name CB (Lattimore or Gilmore), or Sheldon simply re-signs a new contract at a lower rate.

There have been numerous cuts & re-signings this offseason.

Dunlap in Seattle. Fort in Baltimore. Williams in Pittsburgh. 

Whatever happens, it's gonna be good. 

I hope that you are right, I don’t think that you are.  I think this is the corresponding move after signing Clowney.

14 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I would like to revise my timeline.

I forgot how much patience AB has.

I have been hearing whisperings of him possibly resigning.  Some are from random twitter people and some are from Mary Kay (which I don't like reading or ever believing) but I want to believe....