Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, LinebackerGod said:

Oh for sure. I wouldn't sign him to a long-term deal. Nor would I want him for a lot of money. But I think he's gonna get something like a 1 year, 3 million deal. That's a freaking steal if you get a healthy version of him.

If we get 8-10 games from him it could be the difference between going to the playoffs and watching them 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

looks like we have the highest payroll? Whatever adjusted salary cap means 

Yeah I don’t really understand the cap but this concerned me. Makes me feel like we shouldn’t really spend to much in free agency. We are not going to continue to have roll over cap to help us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

Yeah I don’t really understand the cap but this concerned me. Makes me feel like we shouldn’t really spend to much in free agency. We are not going to continue to have roll over cap to help us 

Yeah I feel the same.

It hurts a lot of teams this year and they will have to make cuts they don't want and that sucks for them but for us, who have like the 10th highest payroll, we won't be able to keep our carryover rolling over making it easier to sign Baker/Ward/Chubb etc... in the future.

If the carryover means that much to us we can cut (or trade) salary this year but that would have to include pieces like Richardson, OBJ, Landry, Njoku or offensive linemen which seems like a bad idea.

We're technically 4 million over the cap right now if we don't include the carryover which puts us at 24 under so that shows just how much it means to have that in our back pocket. Now the decision will be do we want to stay quiet in free agency, make a tough cut/trade or just lose our carryover. Not everyone is going to be happy with whatever decision they make. Hopefully it works out though.

11 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Agreed. Maybe wait until the dust settles, and if a guy you still like is on the street, pick him up for cheap.

Don't know if we have more than 1 "big" signing coming our way, but it pretty much has to be a DE or a CB.

If we're lucky enough to go for both, give me Carl Lawson and William Jackson.  Both former Bengals.  Keep it simple lol.

If the Browns get Barrett/Lattimore I will cry. Right here. In text. On this forum.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

It's why I think we should spend it on 1 year deals. 

7 million for the draft. 

3-5 well place 1 year deals. With a well placed rental defense I think we can go a long way in the playoffs. 

We really need to move on from odell, who just doesnt give us 18 million dollar returns.

• Like 1

Normally free agency has three waves of players selected:  top tier, nfl starters, and minimum contracts to fill needs.  This year because of reduced cap space I think there will be a small group of top tier players and then value contracts on a team need basis.  With many more releases, there will be a glut of NFL starters looking for a contract and I believe there will be numerous on year contracts.  Free agency this year is loaded with DE and CB as this is a need for Browns I think this will be where we spend $ to get the best value.  I like Reddick DE and Williams CB at big money with a S and DT at or above minimum.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

In hiding until Tristin Wirfs regresses and proves he's not an OT.

Well the question is if Wirfs can handle himself as a LT. Pretty sure that’s what his point was or from what I remembered. Dude might be a stud RT but might never be a good LT. Conklin is a stud RT but I don’t see him being able to hold it down at LT