Your Mt. Rushmore of journeymen QBs

TecmoSuperJoe

Rich Gannon (maybe short on number of teams but peaked in late thirties going to SB and winning MVP on his fourth team is pretty epic), Doug Flutie (I would think he'd be near most popular), Jon Kitna (Seahawks, Bengals, Lions, and Cowboys always felt like the elite tier of journey man that sticks an extra couple years before his next stop) and Josh Johnson (tons tons tons of teams, like Josh McCown/Ryan Fitzpatrick number of teams without ever getting mentioned) all deserve shout outs for guys not yet mentioned.

edit: Josh Johnson "Despite playing for sixteen teams across four leagues during his professional career, he did not win his first game as a starter until his 11th season as a member of the Redskins in 2018. "

* Offseason and/or practice squad member only
Edited by Trojan
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

How many teams is considered a journey man?

Ryan Fitz

Vinny Testaverde

Matt Hasselbeck

Nick Foles 

I don't know. I didn't think of it in that capacity more so if they were a career backup. Like Don Strock played most of his years with the Dolphins just as a backup, and I would consider him a journeyman. 

What I decided what excluded players from my list would be if they were every at any point one of the better quarterbacks in the league for more than a couple of years. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Fitz

Testaverde

Collins

George

What I'm looking for in a journeyman is a ton of teams and consistently finding a way to start games on all/most of those teams. This rules out a guy like Mccown. Journeymen backup QBs are less interesting to me than the guys who actually get playing time. 

10 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Maybe technically but I wouldn’t consider him one. If Warner is, then guys like Warren Moon and maybe even Favre also technically fit the bill.

If Moon and Favre are Journeyman, then, they're definitely on the mt rushmore of it.