Texans sign C Justin Britt

ET80

Just now, NYRaider said:

It's also pretty insane to me that Houston spent 3 1sts and 3 2nds on Tunsil, Howard, and Scharping but still has one of the worst OL in football. 

I think we'll see an improvement from that unit with Mike Devlin leaving and James Campen coming in as OL coach. Mike Devlin was a disaster

It should be an improvement for whoever is taking snaps...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think we'll see an improvement from that unit with Mike Devlin leaving and James Campen coming in as OL coach. Mike Devlin was a disaster

It should be an improvement for whoever is taking snaps...

When you're at the bottom the only place to go is up baby, let's go. One of my good friends is a die hard Texans fan and we've had multiple conversations about how badly the Texans have blown personnel moves and trades. I know Dillard has been hurt but I think he'll be a good starting OT, Houston could've moved up like 2 picks to grab him. And IIRC during 2019 free agency Houston had more cap space than any team in the league and refused to spend it when they could've targeted guys like Trent Brown, Daryl Williams, or Rodger Saffold. But instead chose to give up massive draft capital and pay Tunsil.

Edited by NYRaider

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It's also pretty insane to me that Houston spent 3 1sts and 3 2nds on Tunsil, Howard, and Scharping but still has one of the worst OL in football. 

How can you spend 3 1st and 3 2nds and have so little? Insane, even for Bill O’Brien.

it’s even worse then that because they could have drafted Sewell this year.... who Wouldn’t cost 22M/year Like Tunsil.

16 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

How can you spend 3 1st and 3 2nds and have so little? Insane, even for Bill O’Brien.

it’s even worse then that because they could have drafted Sewell this year.... who Wouldn’t cost 22M/year Like Tunsil.

They also could've signed Trent Brown in free agency and kept all of their draft capital. 

On 3/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, NYRaider said:

And IIRC during 2019 free agency Houston had more cap space than any team in the league and refused to spend it when they could've targeted guys like Trent Brown, Daryl Williams, or Rodger Saffold. But instead chose to give up massive draft capital and pay Tunsil.

Partially true... Texans had offers out to Brown and Saffold, but both picked LV and Tennessee, respectively.

As I'm seeing/hearing it, Brown has been a bit of a bust FA for Oakland, isn't he? So I wouldn't really call that a bad thing in hindsight, missing on him.

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As I'm seeing/hearing it, Brown has been a bit of a bust FA for Oakland, isn't he? So I wouldn't really call that a bad thing in hindsight, missing on him.

He's basically what he's always been. He came in and was really good, then realized he'd have to keep working to stay good and kind of checked out. He's soft and lazy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Partially true... Texans had offers out to Brown and Saffold, but both picked LV and Tennessee, respectively.

Borderline All-Pro when healthy but has missed 16 games over the last two years.