Hunter likes tweets about being traded

babababa

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

If Hunter stays off the field, he doesn’t get full pay, can be fined for not showing up, and a whole host of other things. 

For him to receive his full pay, he’d have to go on injured reserve. For that to happen he has to show up. 

Show up, go on PUP, don't come off PUP, go on IR.  Correct?

56 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Show up, go on PUP, don't come off PUP, go on IR.  Correct?

If he can actually show that he's physically unable to perform and not just 'milking" it as you suggested.  Given that the injury didn't occur on the football field, he could also be put on the NFI list which doesn't receive full pay.

Not saying the Vikings would do that to him, but illustrating that the leverage you're speaking about in terms of Hunter isn't as concrete as it's being made out to be.

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

If he can actually show that he's physically unable to perform and not just 'milking" it as you suggested.  Given that the injury didn't occur on the football field, he could also be put on the NFI list which doesn't receive full pay.

Not saying the Vikings would do that to him, but illustrating that the leverage you're speaking about in terms of Hunter isn't as concrete as it's being made out to be.

Thanks. One has to think if hunter is remotely willing to go down this path to NFI, Vikings might suffice him with the trade instead of harming both partys interest. 

On 3/9/2021 at 8:24 AM, CriminalMind said:

I am expecting something more concrete to be reported from the Hunter camp, possibly within a week.

The best time for hunter camp to get there side on record (if they want extension and/or trade) is before teams spend all their (newly created) cap space. 

And surely the Hunter camp does not care about the cap figure going down this year, making it more difficult. That's Rick's job to figure out. 

Multiple reports are out now that the Hunter camp wants a new contract or to be traded.

No surprises here...

On 3/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, CriminalMind said:

Thanks. One has to think if hunter is remotely willing to go down this path to NFI, Vikings might suffice him with the trade instead of harming both partys interest. 

Or just give him a new contract if his only gripe with the Vikes is pay. 

21 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

also reports out he is considering getting a new agent.

Actually, there’s only one report, and a fairly vague report, that multiple outlets are drawing their own conclusions from. Even if those conclusions are nothing more than click bait headlines, like him demanding a trade. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

hard to imagine the team not doing something about it. either sign him, or actually listen and see if you can get a great deal.

but like i said, for his age, production, and just actual value, i just cant see us just trading him away with little to no pass rushers on the defense.

I haven’t heard or seen anything to suggest that the Vikings won’t pay him. Just seems to be a matter of when, not if.  

Just now, SemperFeist said:

I haven’t heard or seen anything to suggest that the Vikings won’t pay him. Just seems to be a matter of when, not if.  

oh i agree, i just believe a lot of it is looking for cap space, to allow them to keep chasing some of these free agents, securing enough money for the draft, and to also not be cap strapped throughout the year.

21 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

oh i agree, i just believe a lot of it is looking for cap space, to allow them to keep chasing some of these free agents, securing enough money for the draft, and to also not be cap strapped throughout the year.

Restructuring Thielen, as reported, could free up $8M. Cutting Shamar Stephen would free up $3.75M. Extending Harrison Smith would free up a decent chunk. 

There are plenty of options to free up cap space. 

• Like 1

Options:

a) Vikings do nothing ... upsets Hunter ... may sit out, regardless if not paid/not paid ... maybe going on NFI list to start the year... Vikings lose leverage .. Vikings trade him away for a very low return a couple weeks into the year

b) Vikings extend his contract now, giving him more money via a signing bonus ... done through some newly flexibility from Harrison and Thielen contract restructures

c) Vikings decide not to extend him, and decide they prefer to move the "problem" ... and get a 2021 1st rounder + 3rd (or so) now. Hunter gets a new contract from a new team, and he likely goes back to top 3 DE play on a damn good team. Maybe Buffalo gives us a call again?

My guess, is Rick prefers b) > c) > a)

Edited by CriminalMind