Jump to content

Hunter likes tweets about being traded


Recommended Posts

Does it worry anyone else that for the 2nd off season in a row, the Vikings have a cornerstone player wanting...passive/aggressively...demanding a trade away from Minnesota?  While I think it's counterproductive to keep unhappy players...I don't know if the Vikings get as lucky with Hunter as they got trading Diggs last year.  Will key players in their prime, start demanding trades when they become frustrated with the Vikings? 

Last year, it was assumed Diggs wanted to leave because of Cousins and the offense not getting him the ball enough.  We are assuming this year that it's all about money and security for Hunter.  But, what if it's something systemic with the way the Vikings handle important players?  

I am not really a conspiracy theorist, and maybe two players is not enough to be a trend.  However, there aren't many instances where key, important players are willing to force a trade off of a franchise that is normally competitive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Does it worry anyone else that for the 2nd off season in a row, the Vikings have a cornerstone player wanting...passive/aggressively...demanding a trade away from Minnesota?  While I think it's counterproductive to keep unhappy players...I don't know if the Vikings get as lucky with Hunter as they got trading Diggs last year.  Will key players in their prime, start demanding trades when they become frustrated with the Vikings? 

Last year, it was assumed Diggs wanted to leave because of Cousins and the offense not getting him the ball enough.  We are assuming this year that it's all about money and security for Hunter.  But, what if it's something systemic with the way the Vikings handle important players?  

I am not really a conspiracy theorist, and maybe two players is not enough to be a trend.  However, there aren't many instances where key, important players are willing to force a trade off of a franchise that is normally competitive.

I'm not worried, because it was predictable. Star players want to be highly paid relative to their peers and they want to win (product of the value of your other player contracts - especially Cousins). Which is a product of GM Rick and HC Zimmer. The extensions to Cousins/Rick/Zimmer were terrible, and it's prolly better long term for us to not make the playoffs this year and hopefully Rick/Zimmer be fired and start fresh. Do not restructure Cousins cause it prolongs the problem for being a Viking another year. If we don't want a future problem with Jefferson, we need to move on from that trio.

Ppl blamed Diggs, when he was signaling a Cousins problem. Ppl will blame Hunter but he is signaling a Rick/Cousins problem. Rudolph while leaving thanked everyone publically except Cousins (shocking, not). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Hopefully that'll be enough to calm down the nonsense.  I'm pretty sure we might see a raise and extension in training camp or shortly thereafter.

Or the week leading up to camp. That’s when Spielman has historically handed out in-house contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Or the week leading up to camp. That’s when Spielman has historically handed out in-house contract.

Only way I see it sooner is if they can make some cap room that they need for a player. But pushing the issue might not be great either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Hopefully that'll be enough to calm down the nonsense.  I'm pretty sure we might see a raise and extension in training camp or shortly thereafter.

I sure hope so. The defense desperately needs him. Hunter, Wonnum, Weatherly, Tomlinson and Pierce is a solid looking group of starters as long as Hunter is playing at an elite level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I sure hope so. The defense desperately needs him. Hunter, Wonnum, Weatherly, Tomlinson and Pierce is a solid looking group of starters as long as Hunter is playing at an elite level.

If Wonnum is ready then yes. I'd rather have him backing up both DE positions.

That said we might have more explosive DEs in Paye or Ojulari waiting at 14.

Ojulari just had his pro day and put up Khalil Mack measurables. He's up to 250. Reviewing his highlights also showed he's just as capable with his hand in the dirt rushing the passer than standing up. He shows excellent initial explosion and bend getting around the OTs -- his bread and butter.

"Ojulari put out a 4.60 unofficial 40-yard dash while putting up 28 bench press reps. That’s just two fewer reps than what Ben Cleveland put down, though Ojulari did it with 34 and 3/8 inch arms." (see article below)

For perspective that's Jason Pierre-Paul size and even longer than Danielle Hunter's arm length. 

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/azeez-ojulari-nfl-kirby-smart

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...