Please Don’t!

Scoundrel

I started the Pound the Table! thread now here is the Please Don’t! thread. Who do you really not want your team to draft, maybe it’s someone who you have heard rumors about being linked, maybe your team has done a call with them, maybe it’s just a hunch. Whatever it is who is someone you absolutely do not want your team to draft, whether it be a player that is valued around your pick in whatever round it may be. Let’s hear it!

52 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I don’t hate these players, but I do think they’re overrated:

1. Justin Fields

2. Mac Jones

3. Zaven Collins

4. Ronnie Perkins

5. Jalen Mayfield

6. Teven Jenkins

7. Tyson Campbell

I don't hate Mac Jones.  But I can't shake the feeling that any team that drafts him in the 1st round is going to be right back looking at QB's again in ~ 4 years, not because Jones is a bad QB, but just because he's a rather meh QB who "gets the job done" but his team/fans are always going to be guilty of "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome.  Not making a skillset for skillset comparison, but I had the same gut feeling about both Andy Dalton and Derek Carr.  I kind of see Jones' goalposts as far as ceiling/floor to be two recent Vikings QBs: Ceiling - Kirk Cousins, Floor - Christian Ponder.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

And this year...

Honestly, there's a part of me that really wants to say Trey Lance. I watch him and I see a guy who is very natural and comfortable at everything a QB does...except throwing the ball. I just don't think he has great arm feel at all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

NO to Kyle Pitts for the Lions.

Drafting a unique weapon to create matchups with before you have your team rebuild started is like buying christmas decorations for your new house before the foundation has been dug.

Oh, I didn't realize it was about who we didn't want our team to draft. I thought it was basically who we thought would bust.

I'd gamble on Lance all day for the niners lol. I just think he's got a shower high likely chance of busting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Oh, I didn't realize it was about who we didn't want our team to draft. I thought it was basically who we thought would bust.

I'd gamble on Lance all day for the niners lol. I just think he's got a shower high likely chance of busting

Helps to read

• Like 1

As most know the Ravens have historically struggled to land hits at WR in the NFL Draft, and then have similarly failed to develop the guys we bring in. So I want them to stay away from the more dangerous early options and go with the safer WR profiles that are out there.

Guys like Kardarius Toney and Rondale Moore are dice roll players with significant red flags. Toney is a 1 Year producer with a 21.6 BOA. Moore has a phenomenal BOA but his ADOT of 5.8 and injury issues are no bueno.

Other teams with continually strong passing games, gifted offensive minds/coaches, and a tradition of developing a variety of receiving talents would be better off acquiring them.

• Like 2