Please Don’t!

Scoundrel

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Well 'Fryfogle' might already have a hard time regardless of ability. Could be difficult for scouts to visualize that name in the top half of the NFL's Rec YDS leaderboard 😅. 'Name Scouting' is just a joke, but former scout and current NFLN lead draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah did say at one time he was asked to assign 'Face Grades' to prospects- so rule nothing out lol.

Although, while Fryfogle might earn some friendly ribbing with the name conjuring up thoughts of LoTRs' Hobbits or something and other fantasy stories fanciful/silly names. It's likely not as bad in present day as the shortened 'Fogle'. Which conjures up thoughts of a certain predatory former sandwich peddler....

mclovin GIF

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Historically, they don't.

Aiyuk was also a JUCO transfer, which muddles the BOA evaluation. Very similar to Hollywood Brown for the Ravens who was a JUCO transfer as well. Both had trash BOAs in part because of that, and because they shared an offense with other pro talents- making it harder to accumulate enough production to qualify. 

Give credit to Kyle Shanahan too. He knows how to use the pieces he has and excels at giving high% opportunities to his guys. Aiyuk and Samuel likely would've had less early success with a different team.

The surreal contact balance Toney flashed in some of the highlight plays from his one productive year at 21 Y/O isn't enough to cancel out his putrid production profile as a player for me. Another team wants to roll the dice, more power to them. The Ravens should avoid him like the plague though. 

I'm hoping for receivers like Rashod Bateman or Elijah Moore to the Ravens. Who have near can't miss profiles behind them, and stellar tape. Baltimore needs slam dunk options, not inebriated accountant taking blindfolded half court shots for a 2013 Camry at a WNBA game options.

Toney has always been a freakish talent with the ball in his hands. I'm not worried about the age. There are three big concerns for me with him: (1) durability (big reason he didn't break out in 2019), (2) dedication to football (there were rumors floating around that he was considering quitting football before the year to pursue his rap career; he's a different sort of dude and actually a pretty good rapper), and (3) scheme fit. Toney won't fit well in a scheme that isn't creative and willing to adapt to his style. He's a freelancer on routes, and he needs an OC who is going to scheme him into favorable situations. He's an absolutely unreal talent if put in a position to succeed, but there are many universes where he busts. I agree he's a poor fit for the Ravens.

9 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I started the Pound the Table! thread now here is the Please Don’t! thread. Who do you really not want your team to draft, maybe it’s someone who you have heard rumors about being linked, maybe your team has done a call with them, maybe it’s just a hunch. Whatever it is who is someone you absolutely do not want your team to draft, whether it be a player that is valued around your pick in whatever round it may be. Let’s hear it!

There aren't a lot of players I feel need to be avoided at all costs thus far in my evaluating. It's mainly going to come down to scheme fits. I will say that I didn't like Hamilcar Rashed or Patrick Jones when evaluating them.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2021 at 5:09 PM, Forge said:

Oh, I didn't realize it was about who we didn't want our team to draft. I thought it was basically who we thought would bust.

I'd gamble on Lance all day for the niners lol. I just think he's got a shower high likely chance of busting

If I were any team that didn't have a known-commodity, under-28yo franchise QB, but did have a "startable" QB under contract for 2021, I'd gamble on Lance all day long if I gave a passing grade to his mental aptitude and processing skills.  It's those later bits, honestly, I think that will be the determining factor as to whether he end up capable of being another Josh Allen or another Josh Freeman.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

🤨  He's raw/green/inexperienced but has probably the fastest get off in the draft... Why would you waste that at LB? Even if he plays LB, you should play him outside and send him after the QB.

He does not have the length.  You would not play him at 3-4 OLB because he can't be put over a tackle.  His best fit is 4-3 off ball LB.

21 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He does not have the length.  You would not play him at 3-4 OLB because he can't be put over a tackle.  His best fit is 4-3 off ball LB.

Do you feel the same way about Yannick? Should he be an off-ball lb because he doesn't have length?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 7:12 PM, Forge said:

******* Mike mcglinchey 

This should be the new name of our podcast 

"Hi I'm forge and this is n4l and welcome to the **** Mike mcglinchy podcast"

On 3/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, CWood21 said:

I still remember when that rumor popped up right before the draft...

It's probably the same feeling that packers fans had last year only not as bad 

• Like 1

Thought of one more:

Feleipe Franks...anywhere. Just don’t waste the draft pick. 

And actually, I have almost no faith in Jamie Newman panning out either. I mean the senior bowl was horrible, but his tape really did nothing to excite me in the first place