Cordy Glenn to Seattle Trade Rumor

Nick

Apparently Seattle has approached us for Cordy Glenn. Reports are saying we already declined, which I am not sure I believe (or at least I don't want to lol). 

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/16/seahawks-bills-nfl-trade-cordy-glenn/

My opinion... Please take him. I know he's a great player but he's hardly ever on the field. Couple that with his huge cap hit for the next 3 years, I think it'd be wise to move on. I have also liked the steady improvement out of Dion Dawkins, granted, I think he'll be far better fit at RT thinking long-term. With the amount of picks we having going into the draft, we can easily take a tackle as well. 

Question is, with that contract in mind, what could we get? I'd hope for a playmaker of some sort plus a draft pick. They seem to have a plethora of RBs (Rawls, Lacy, Procise, McKissic), and behind Shady, I don't like our options. So maybe pair one with a pick and get it done?

Curious what you all think.

I heard the price was too steep for Seattle backed off. If that is the case, I am happy because at least the Bills weren't looking to just get anything for him. 

His injury history is now concerning but if he regains form he is still a top 12 LT in the league. Dawkins has played well but I think he's a RT or a potential pro-bowl LG. 

Id rather spend net years pick on current needs (QB, LB, WR and DT)

47 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I heard the price was too steep for Seattle backed off. If that is the case, I am happy because at least the Bills weren't looking to just get anything for him. 

His injury history is now concerning but if he regains form he is still a top 12 LT in the league. Dawkins has played well but I think he's a RT or a potential pro-bowl LG. 

Id rather spend net years pick on current needs (QB, LB, WR and DT)

I definitely think we should be only doing it for good value. He's a big addition to our offensive line and honestly I don't really know how much we need to create cap space if we get rid of Dareus. I definitely don't think a handful of good games from Dawkins should have us shipping him out. I'm not super thrilled on having to replace him with someone else off roster and seems like it's kind of a pointless move. That said, Beane and McDermott have probed their eye for talent so far.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

If you trade your LT, then you have to use a 1st rounder to get another one and who wants to do that. We just have to hope that he gets healthier and it wouldn't hurt him to lose 25lbs.

I agree with this statement we need to many pieces to just trade a very good LT and I also agree he should lose about 25-30 pounds and it would help Glenn out greatly.  Once he is healthy he is a top level LT.  In case you were wondering what I feel we need it starts with a QB,  a couple WR, backup RB Shady is only getting older, LB and DE Lawson has been a disappointment to me atleast.

Archived