Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

44 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Someone in the forum I believe has him as INT#1 so here you go.

DL Jonathan Marshall

Height: 6-3

Weight: 310 pounds

Bench reps (225 pounds): 36

Vertical jump: 32 inches

Broad jump: 9-6

40-yard dash: 4.75-4.90 seconds

Who the hell is Jonathan Marshall?  Kind of like saying Armon Watts is a big time DT prospect out of Arkansas and fact is on the Vikings in two seasons he is absolutely not.  Oh and he has one of the fastest times if not the fastest 40 time for any DT 310+ pounds in history at 4.75.  Right.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Who the hell is Jonathan Marshall?  Kind of like saying Armon Watts is a big time DT prospect out of Arkansas and fact is on the Vikings in two seasons he is absolutely not.  Oh and he has one of the fastest times if not the fastest 40 time for any DT 310+ pounds in history at 4.75.  Right.  

Don’t shoot the messenger. I looked around it was @BrownLeader who had him first at one point (now has him 4th) and now 72nd overall. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Power and first step quickness are easy bankable traits. Heavier, quicker and much stronger than Watts fwiw. I don't buy that time either but even under 5.0 is good for him.

5 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

QB Feleipe Franks

Height: 6-6 1/2

Weight: 234 pounds

Bench reps (225 pounds): N/A

Vertical jump: 32 1/2 inches

Broad jump: 9-9

40-yard dash: 4.55-4.65 seconds

Short shuttle: 4.35 seconds

3-Cone drill: 7.22 seconds

Still couldn't hit water if throwing a ball into the ocean

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Power and first step quickness are easy bankable traits. Heavier, quicker and much stronger than Watts fwiw. I don't buy that time either but even under 5.0 is good for him.

When watching Arkansas over the last 20 years or so, the only DTs of note to come out of Arkansas in my book have been Agim and Philon and both were more 3/4 pass rushing DE prospects who could kick inside if need be and had good athletic upside.  Marshall has never stood out much to me when I watched them play. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Still couldn't hit water if throwing a ball into the ocean

He did complete 69% of his passes this past year. Beautiful deep ball. Pocket presence is awful though, just think it's funny he had a better reported 40 time than Rakeem Boyd. These stats are going to be more inaccurate this year than ever.

Marshall was very good at blowing up short-yardage obvious rushing plays on 3rd or 4th and 1 and he's extremely strong but he was a one-year wonder who didn't do much under the previous staff at Arkansas.

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2020/10/5/21502886/jonathan-marshall-is-a-wrecking-ball

Edited by WPS

1 minute ago, WPS said:

He did complete 69% of his passes this past year. Beautiful deep ball. Pocket presence is awful though, just think it's funny he had a better reported 40 time than Rakeem Boyd. These stats are going to be more inaccurate this year than ever.

Honestly, when he's on...you see some promising things. He's jsut so inconsistently "on".  I'd take a round 7 type flier on him, which is saying something for me (I give a lot of UDFA grades to QBs) 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, when he's on...you see some promising things. He's jsut so inconsistently "on".  I'd take a round 7 type flier on him, which is saying something for me (I give a lot of UDFA grades to QBs) 

I don't see accuracy as the issue. He is a slow processor who doesn't see the field well or throw with anticipation.

12 minutes ago, WPS said:

Marshall was very good at blowing up short-yardage obvious rushing plays on 3rd or 4th and 1 and he's extremely strong but he was a one-year wonder who didn't do much under the previous staff at Arkansas.

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2020/10/5/21502886/jonathan-marshall-is-a-wrecking-ball

I could see Franks running a 4.6 40. He's not sudden or quick, but when he gets up to speed, he can move. He's a long strider (and a bit of an awkward-looking runner).

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't see accuracy as the issue. He is a slow processor who doesn't see the field well or throw with anticipation.

I think his ball placement when his guys aren't wide open (and sometimes when they are) is problematic. I'll watch more, but I didn't see that as a plus category