Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

Just now, goldfishwars said:

DI Jaylen Twyman — 6’1”, 301

5.51s 40-yard dash (zero percentile)
8’8” broad (2nd percentile)
8.00s 3C (1st percentile)

Yeah, a horrible day for both guys. IIRC at least Twyman had somewhat of an excuse as he sat out in 2020. And his 2019 production was very good with 12.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks, plus at the DT spot he doesn't have to be the greatest athlete ever to be effective, but yeah still a horrible day. 

Paris Ford though with a 4.90 forty at safety is absolutely horrible, lol. 

https://www.cardiachill.com/2021/3/18/22336994/jaylen-twyman-pitt-pro-day-aaron-donald-40-bench-press-reps-lineman-2021-nfl-draft-panthers-football

Also LOL at this article hyping up Twyman's pro day performance. 

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, a horrible day for both guys. IIRC at least Twyman had somewhat of an excuse as he sat out in 2020. And his 2019 production was very good with 12.5 TFL and 10.5 sacks, plus at the DT spot he doesn't have to be the greatest athlete ever to be effective, but yeah still a horrible day. 

Paris Ford though with a 4.90 forty at safety is absolutely horrible, lol. 

https://www.cardiachill.com/2021/3/18/22336994/jaylen-twyman-pitt-pro-day-aaron-donald-40-bench-press-reps-lineman-2021-nfl-draft-panthers-football

Also LOL at this article hyping up Twyman's pro day performance. 

It’s from a Pitt fan site. These are written all the time on these SB Nation fan sites.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR, Illinois 

Mesurables: 6'1" 218, 32 3/8" arms, 9 1/4" hands

40 time: 4.48 (64th percentile)

Vertical leap: 46.5" (100th percentile)

Broad jump: 11'02" (99th percentile)

20 yard shuttle: 4.38s (16th percentile) 

3-Cone Drill:  7.10s (22nd percentile) 

Bench reps: 24 (98th percentile) 

@jrry32

Just a little digging on safeties and their 40 times.  Granted not a ton of ran slow 4.7 40s and succeeded but there are some.  Tony Jefferson was a beast tackling multiple years and Kennedy was a big time hit man back and the day that could bring it. 

Kenoy Kennedy 4.71

Jahmile Addae 4.74

Tony Jefferson 4.75

Dominique Barber 4.70

And these guys did not do great but all have had good careers if not great with Kam and Dawkins.  John Johnson just signed a new contract and is one of the best coverage safeties in the league arguably, signed a 3 year $33 mil contract with the Browns.

Daniel Sorensen 4.67

Kam Chancellor 4.62

Kean Neal 4.62

Jalen Mills 4.62

John Johnson 4.61

Brian Dawkins 4.63

And these guys all ran great 40 times and none were great players or even players of note.  And a few were huge safeties like Mays and Sands much less TJ Green.

Taylor Mays 4.31

Chris Clemons 4.33

TJ Green 4.34

Josh Barrett 4.36

Daniel Bullocks 4.40

Obi Melifonwu 4.40

Tyrell Johnson 4.41

Dustin Fox 4.43

Ko Simpson 4.45

Markelle Martin 4.47

Major Wright 4.44

Godwin Igwebuike 4.44

Bacarri Rambo 4.56

Josh Gattis 4.55

Matt Ware 4.54

Robert Sands 4.53

Jonathan Dowling 4.52

Granted did any of these guys live during a international pandemic?  No.  So there is that with some of the times seeing potentially.  Are guys like LeCounte and Ford out of the NFL with these times, I doubt it but will see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Why does a pandemic make some guys run slower and others run in the 4.2s?

Bro I think about this all the time. After the off season is over some one needs to do a study to see if the average 40 time was faster this year compared to other years. 

I will never understand, even though I appreciate being an ultimate competitor, how some of these guys elect to run the 40 only to bomb - especially if their tape tells otherwise. All these athletes ran the 40 more than a hundred times in their career. Surely all of them work on it specifically to optimize their time for the predraft process. Yet often players who were no-brainers to be selected at least late in the draft, vault themselves into UDFA territory. Safe mid round prospects fall into the late rounds. If I'm a DB with good tape I won't run the 40 if I know I'm in 4.6 territory at best. Same goes for any other drill, being explosive players on tape bombing their jumps, or twitchy players doing poor in agility drills. Do the positional drills all you want, but don't kill your stock with a cold hard numbers that ultimately doesn't mean much on Sundays.

Edited by Fullback