Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trey Lance won't run at his pro day

That sucks, odd choice.  Kind of like Lamar Jackson not running because teams possibly viewed him as a WR or RB.  Probably would not have fell to the 32nd pick if he ran a 4.3 though honestly.  And no one views Lance as a position change anyway.  Would like to see Lance run but probably same issues of him thinking people doubt his ability to play QB like they did out of high school and wanted him as a safety in college, but that is not really the case.  

And as of right now, no one has had a bad time honestly, out of the EXOS stuff not one time was a bad one so that is a little fishy.  Curious what the rest of the Northwestern pro day results look like.  

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That sucks, odd choice.  Kind of like Lamar Jackson not running because teams possibly viewed him as a WR or RB.  Probably would not have fell to the 32nd pick if he ran a 4.3 though honestly.  And no one views Lance as a position change anyway.  Would like to see Lance run but probably same issues of him thinking people doubt his ability to play QB like they did out of high school and wanted him as a safety in college, but that is not really the case.  

And as of right now, no one has had a bad time honestly, out of the EXOS stuff not one time was a bad one so that is a little fishy.  Curious what the rest of the Northwestern pro day results look like.  

Paddy Fisher probably ran like he had poop in his pants, because I couldn't find a time for him. 

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Jrry and I have been saying this. Ian Book doesn’t run a 4.42.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

6'4" with 33" arms is doable on the edge. Also, the times this year are hard to believe. Quinn Meinerz reportedly ran a 4.92 40 today.

I'm all out on the times this year. Just don't care. Mean nothing for me because I can't trust a single one lol. I think more teams are going to go more to in game gps tracking anyway

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 10:22 AM, Ozzy said:

Kansas Pro day was March 5th, Pooka Williams JR RB Kansas was the standout.

5'9 1/2" and 175: 

40 time: 4.36 to 4.38 
Vertical: 33"
broad jump: 9'9"
shuttle: 4.01
Three Cone 6.87

Niners have been very active with him. 

Disappointing jumps, but the rest looks good. I think he's a good fit for the niners

Still cannot find much on the total results of the Northwestern Pro Day, which is odd, there are quite a few guys I would be interested in hearing how they did. Still waiting for a bad time by someone somewhere.  

Paddy Fisher Northwestern RS SR ILB
JR Pace Northwestern SR S
Blake Gallagher Northwestern SR OLB
Peyton Ramsey Northwestern RS SR QB
Ramaud Chiaokhiao-Bowman Northwestern RS SR WR
Gunnar Vogel Northwestern RS SR OT
Earnest Brown IV Northwestern SR DE

Travis Whillock Northwestern RS SR S (not sure he is in this draft or not, did sit out this season and I assume he will continue to play but who know, still the kid is a striker at safety.)

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

40 times this year are simply just not accurate.... add .07-.12 to these times.  I guess when the people your paying money to train you are on the stopwatch You tend to run faster.

Exactly, pay some company money for your draft prep and get bad results, no one wants that.  I am not sure teams can even clock them by hand if they are there.  It is just crazy, at least the bench cannot be inflated that easily or the vertical.  Cannot imagine they lessen the weight or change the height of the rank for the jump.  

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Still cannot find much on the total results of the Northwestern Pro Day, which is odd, there are quite a few guys I would be interested in hearing how they did. Still waiting for a bad time by someone somewhere.  

Paddy Fisher Northwestern RS SR ILB
JR Pace Northwestern SR S
Blake Gallagher Northwestern SR OLB
Peyton Ramsey Northwestern RS SR QB
Ramaud Chiaokhiao-Bowman Northwestern RS SR WR
Gunnar Vogel Northwestern RS SR OT
Earnest Brown IV Northwestern SR DE

Travis Whillock Northwestern RS SR S (not sure he is in this draft or not, did sit out this season and I assume he will continue to play but who know, still the kid is a striker at safety.)

Exactly, pay some company money for your draft prep and get bad results, no one wants that.  I am not sure teams can even clock them by hand if they are there.  It is just crazy, at least the bench cannot be inflated that easily or the vertical.  Cannot imagine they lessen the weight or change the height of the rank for the jump.  

Lmao.... As soon as you said the bench can’t be inflated I laughing thought “well they could use fake weights”.

These Times are all electric times or are they hand times?  The two times are different obviously.... maybe that’s some (as in a fraction) of the time that’s been shaved off these times.

one thing that could help pick out the excessive speed exaggerations would be to compare the vert jumps to 40, and really the 10/20 splits.  The Level of explosion needed for a good VJ is comparable to the explosion needed for a good 10/20 split.

Edited by jimkelly02

From Tony Pauline on the Northwestern Pro Day:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/northwestern-pro-day-2021-date-prospects-rumors-more/

The times and testing numbers from Northwestern’s 2021 Pro Day for Rashawn Slater have made their way through social media, but I’m told the offensive lineman looked even better during position drills. In fact, one scout described Slater’s performance in position drills as “great.” Slater’s testing numbers translated to his position drills, as the big lineman looked very athletic.

Scouts are comparing Slater to former Big Ten lineman and ten-year NFL veteran Rodger Saffold. He is currently ranked 37th on my 2021 NFL Draft big board. In my recently released 2021 NFL Mock Draft, Slater comes off the board in the first 20 picks.

The situation was very different for cornerback Greg Newsome.  While the junior ran much faster in the forty than most expected at Northwestern’s 2021 Pro Day, timing 4.38 seconds, he looked terrible in position drills. One scout described Newsome as stiff while others said Newsome was gassed early on in position drills, which left a bad taste in the mouths of NFL decision-makers.

Defensive end Earnest Brown timed 4.95 seconds in the forty, completed 25 reps on the bench press (arm length was 34.5 inches), and also touched 31 in the vertical jump at Northwestern’s 2021 Pro Day.  His three-cone time was 7.25 seconds. Brown started off rocky in position drills before pulling it together. He looked really good by the end of the session, displaying a quick first step and moving well around the field.

The pass rusher flashed big-time ability in his Northwestern career and did a good job returning from injury this season. At 6-feet-4.5-inches and 270 pounds, he’s getting looks at both defensive end and as an interior pass rusher.

Brown is drawing a ton of interest from the Los Angeles Rams. The Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons.

• Like 1