Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

What...is the reason?  We've seen a lot of QBs wear exactly that for pro days.

Also, his shoulders are a little narrow?  Really?

You've made some good points about Lance, but on these, I think you are trying to force things to fit your narrative.

Yes his shoulders seem a bit narrow, they are not broad or wide shoulders and does have a slight slouch to how he stands.  How dare one analyze the physical gifts or tools a QB has just like you should do for every other position.  This is not 1999, a QBs physical athletic ability is becoming more and more important.  Who would have thought Jalen Hurts would be a starting QB in the NFL after his freshman year at Bama?  Yeah the NFL is changing a bit in that regard.  

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

It wouldn’t have mattered how Zach Wilson looked at his pro day. I think it was pretty evident throughout the draft forum the mind was made up on Lance being “the better” prospect after Lance’s pro day.

No I watched both the pro days and stand by the fact that one was more impressive and less expected than the other.  In one the player looked physically a lot different than he did a year ago.  Also came away with a new impression of just how talented Trey Lance's throwing arm is, with Zach Wilson yeah pretty much the same as what I thought before coming into it.  Thus yeah Trey Lance had a more impactful pro day than Zach Wilson and was more impressive to me.

But no he was awful, then you say that you never said that, then it goes around and round.  It seems anyone that speaks any negative to Zach Wilson is an idiot because he is the 2nd coming of Aaron Rodgers or some crap.  Just like Sam Darnold remined many of Aaron Rodgers in how he could create and make plays outside the pocket.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Yes his shoulders seem a bit narrow, they are not broad or wide shoulders and does have a slight slouch to how he stands.  How dare one analyze the physical gifts or tools a QB has just like you should do for every other position.  This is not 1999, a QBs physical athletic ability is becoming more and more important.  Who would have thought Jalen Hurts would be a starting QB in the NFL after his freshman year at Bama?  Yeah the NFL is changing a bit in that regard.  

No one ever said that you shouldn't analyze physical gifts.  My point was that I think you are trying to pigeonhole Wilson to fit this narrative about Lance.  Like the slouching comment above.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

No one ever said that you shouldn't analyze physical gifts.  My point was that I think you are trying to pigeonhole Wilson to fit this narrative about Lance.  Like the slouching comment above.

Pigeonhole?  It is an opinion, if you do not like it maybe you should stop reading it.  I believe he has a narrow frame and a narrow build.  Clearly not super broad shoulders either.  Is that everything?  No.  Is it nothing, apparently to some on here yeah it is nothing.  

When comparing two athletic QBs who can gain yards with their legs and run a bit outside the pocket, how dare you comment on their physical look, appearance, strength or development over a year.  

I am saying what I saw and what I think.  Clearly others were not impressed by Trey Lance's pro day performance, big deal I was.  But no I am trying to pigeonhole Zach Wilson?  I pigeonholed Josh Rosen as a stuck up rich kid that could have problems related to his teammates or leading a NFL team, how dare I.  I pigeonholed Johnny Manziel as a spoiled frat boy that was all show and little substance.  I pigeonholed Vince Young believing he probably should switch to wide receiver.

It is an opinion and in this specific instance is directly comparing this guy to that guy.  

23 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Pretty expected 40 time for Javonte Williams. He's a good back, but I don't think he's a 1st rounder. If he would have run a 4.4, maybe. 

For a guy his size, the time is more than OK.    If he profiles like a Kareem Hunt type RB, straight line 40 is the least important physical trait.   Burst, explosion, quick feet and change of direction (and good hands for the pass-catching) are the traits I want to see physically (where vision, decisiveness and blocking are the intangibles/film component to add to what I see on film).   Williams checks all the boxes there.

Williams' measurables for explosion (vert, broad) and change of direction (3-cone) really mirror the tape - he's a legit 3-down threat.    If he's on the board at 2.8 when Denver is on the clock, I'd have no problem backing him (frankly, Rd2 is the sweet spot to find elite ceiling RB).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1