Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I could see Franks running a 4.6 40. He's not sudden or quick, but when he gets up to speed, he can move. He's a long strider (and a bit of an awkward-looking runner).

It's the Kaep thing. Kaep was never sudden or quick either. Just that long gait and if he got that chance to go full throttle, you were in trouble. Don't think he's that fast, but just same type. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's the Kaep thing. Kaep was never sudden or quick either. Just that long gait and if he got that chance to go full throttle, you were in trouble. Don't think he's that fast, but just same type. 

Exactly. Yeah, definitely not Kaep fast. And a much slower accelerator than Kaep. But if you give him a runway, you'll be surprised at what he can do. Tyree Jackson might be a better comparison in terms of his running ability. Although, I think Jackson has a step on Franks.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

Jackson Carmen declined to workout
Etienne 4.40 40 (thought he'd run 4.3 for sure at a pro day) 33.5 vert, 10-6 broad, 18 reps
Amari basically same #'s as Etienne, but 10-1 broad. Also did RB drills.
Cornell Powell 4.47, 36.5" vert, 10-8 broad
40 times are still unofficial i believe

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Paddy Fisher ran 4.92. At his pro day.

What were the other Northwestern prospect times?  They have more than a few dudes I would be interested in seeing how they did odd it is so hard to find out that information.  As for Fisher, who cares about his time, the dude can play in the right system and will be very productive.  Has a Sean Lee type build but most likely will not have the Sean Lee type injury issues.  Look at the Northwestern program before he can and after, and the dude was apparently a key leader to the entire turnaround.  He can play but is not a track guy.

Ossai apparently ran around a 4.6 40, had 40+" vertical and did look good in workouts.  Could sneak into the late 1st round to the Bucs if they let Barrett go, had a so so season but with his versatility and edge rush ability is one of the better potential 3/4 OLB prospects in the draft.  Oh and did well on the bench also I believe but have not heard officially yet.

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

At least they are organized, complete full list easy to read and to share.  That is what all these freaking schools should be doing, why make it hard?  Not much stands out here, those bench numbers for a few are pretty damn low I would say and kind of a surprise with the likes of Loudermilk, Stokke and Van Lanen.  Odd thing is when has Wisconsin had this bad of a group for Pro day?  Not many impressive names here and few if any will go very high.  Quinn Meinerz will be drafted higher than any Badger this year no question about it.

Next year could be better with Sanborn, Chenal, Ferguson and Benton.  They do have a few five and four star OL prospects that have not done a damn thing yet over the past year or two.  Will see what they do next year.  Still surprised Jim Leonhard did not go to the NFL but is probably the next HC in waiting.  

Cade Sterns 4.40 (unofficial) 42" vert, 10'8" broad, 4.16 shuttle, 14 reps.
19 reps for Ossai.
Tarik Black 4.53/40" vert/11' broad

texas football team could put on a serious Dunk contest

Edited by Jeezla

12 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

4.84 40 and 36 bench reps for Cosmi. (I attempted to time him off the video as well and got a 4.88)

That bench number is very impressive for such an athletic dude like him, great 40 time also.  He could easily be a 1st round pick now going to the Chiefs with the cuts they have made and put him in as the potential LT with that great upside.  Could be a fine replacement for Fisher long term.  

Tarik Black had great numbers also but honestly he has never been all that productive at Michigan or Texas despite the fine athletic ability.  Should be a UDFA but maybe someone will take a chance on him 6th or 7th round.  Eagles is a better prospect than Black and even he might not be drafted as well.