Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

On 3/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, Ozzy said:

What were the other Northwestern prospect times?  They have more than a few dudes I would be interested in seeing how they did odd it is so hard to find out that information.  As for Fisher, who cares about his time, the dude can play in the right system and will be very productive.  Has a Sean Lee type build but most likely will not have the Sean Lee type injury issues.  Look at the Northwestern program before he can and after, and the dude was apparently a key leader to the entire turnaround.  He can play but is not a track guy.

Ossai apparently ran around a 4.6 40, had 40+" vertical and did look good in workouts.  Could sneak into the late 1st round to the Bucs if they let Barrett go, had a so so season but with his versatility and edge rush ability is one of the better potential 3/4 OLB prospects in the draft.  Oh and did well on the bench also I believe but have not heard officially yet.

At least they are organized, complete full list easy to read and to share.  That is what all these freaking schools should be doing, why make it hard?  Not much stands out here, those bench numbers for a few are pretty damn low I would say and kind of a surprise with the likes of Loudermilk, Stokke and Van Lanen.  Odd thing is when has Wisconsin had this bad of a group for Pro day?  Not many impressive names here and few if any will go very high.  Quinn Meinerz will be drafted higher than any Badger this year no question about it.

Next year could be better with Sanborn, Chenal, Ferguson and Benton.  They do have a few five and four star OL prospects that have not done a damn thing yet over the past year or two.  Will see what they do next year.  Still surprised Jim Leonhard did not go to the NFL but is probably the next HC in waiting.  

All this tells you is how deep we are on the OL. Logan Brown will show out next year. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Show me examples of QB's that only started for a season in college and went on to become successful NFL starters. 

I said the same thing last May, he is not experienced enough, then watched him a little more and the improvement he showed at that Pro day really moved the needle on him for me.  Until Fields and Wilson show equal or greater athletic ability and arm talent at their pro days, Lance to me is right up there behind Lawrence until shown otherwise.  

And to think he cannot run in the NFL of today, yeah he can, Murray and Jackson both have offenses centered around their ability to run the football and scramble.  Jackson was 9th in the NFL in total rushing last year, Murray 17th, Newton 36th, Russell Wilson 41st etc.  So that will help but granted it would be far better for Lance to drop in the draft and go to a better organization that can give him time to develop, but considering the improvement he has already shown, yeah he will continue to get better with pro coaching.  And once more I am not going to blame him for missing last year or for the pandemic.

Oh it is just a pro day, during a pandemic when there is no combine at all, yeah it is quite important.  I did not think he could make throws like he showed on that pro day, so the kid is young, not proven but wildly talented and will be worth the risk.  Oh and he has basically zero character issues of any kind and pretty much no personality faults of note so that helps a bit as well.  

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Game Tape >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pro Day Workout.  

I will say, the combine and pro days are very helpful for evaluating CBs and OLs.  Mostly because the quality of game tape can make it tough to evaluate those positions.  Cameras don't follow CBs dropping with WRs very much, so unless you see the QB look on the side of the field that CB and no one else is, then go to his next progression, you can't tell what's happening.

Then with OLs, it can be hard to see anything in the trenches, especially for smaller schools with lower quality recordings.  I'm missing the combine a LOT for those positional evals this season.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Campbell looks good on drills, some dropped balls by Stokes. Ojulari also apparently ran unofficial 4.62/4.60

That’s fast for sure by Ojulari, but I actually expected him to time better. He’s so explosive coming off the edge. Hard to believe Cleveland runs only .2 seconds slower. 

6 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

That’s fast for sure by Ojulari, but I actually expected him to time better. He’s so explosive coming off the edge. Hard to believe Cleveland runs only .2 seconds slower. 

Don’t shoot the messenger. I’ve been one of the biggest skeptics about these times.

• Like 1