Moretti's March Mock

moretti19

Restructures:

Not going to guess the numbers but I believe both Adams and Rogers will get new deals to free up some money.

Resign:

Snacks Harrison 1 year deal

I was actually really impressed with Snacks and would love to have him back.

hm2wornfptj9k9br93op

Free Agents:

Jason Verrett

This is the part of the free agent list where I’m willing to take a chance. Verrett is the type of boom-or-bust signing who is worth a shot on a one-year deal for a contending team.

ssxaszu7bbu13v6dmays

Takkarist McKinley
Edge · Age: 25

I’d love to see the right organization turn McKinley’s career around because the juice he showed in his first three seasons as a pass rusher was not a fluke.

USATSI_13768096.jpg

NFL Draft we receive a 4th for Martinex, 5th for Bulaga, 5th for Fackrell

Round 1:

Northwestern_logo.gif Rashawn Slater*, OT/G/C, Northwestern
Height: 6-3. Weight: 306.
Projected 40 Time: 5.08.
Projected Round (2021): 1-2.
View Ranking History

3/6/21: Some are projecting Slater high in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, while some team sources say they have Slater in the second round. The discrepancy is due to some projecting Slater to remain at tackle and other evaluators feeling he is too undersized and lacks length, so he will have to move to guard or center in the NFL.

Slater is an excellent athlete who is quick and agile. Given his lack of height and length, he might be a better fit on the inside at guard or center but his foot quickness, athleticism, and agility are that of a tackle. Teams like how tough and intelligent Slater is, and some sources think his best position in the NFL could be center, where they think he could be a Maurkice Pouncey-caliber snapper.

rashawn-slater-nfl-draft-player-profile-

Round 2:

Georgia_logo.gif Eric Stokes*, CB, Georgia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 185.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
View Ranking History

3/6/21: Stokes played well for Georgia in 2020, including good performances against Auburn and Tennessee. Some team sources say they have a third-round grade on Stokes, but the possibility exists that he goes late in the second round.

stokes.jpg

Round 3:

Memphis_logo.gif Kenny Gainwell**, RB, Memphis
Height: 5-11. Weight: 191.
Projected 40 Time: 4.47.
Projected Round (2021): 2-4.
View Ranking History

2/27/21: After losing four members of his family to COVID-19, Gainwell decided to sit out the 2020 season. He did not opt back in, beginning to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft instead.

8/29/20: Gainwell was an electric playmaker for Memphis as a redshirt freshman in 2019 and jumped out to teams. He averaged 6.3 yards per carry on the year for 1,459 yards with 13 touchdowns. He also was a superb receiver out of the backfield recording 51 receptions for 610 yards and three scores through the air.

09f22bb0-ff98-4404-a50b-c8fbf0ded2b6-_W_

Round 4:

USC_logo.gif Amon-Ra St. Brown*, WR, USC
Height: 6-1. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2021): 3-5.
View Ranking History

2/27/21: St. Brown played well in 2020 overall, putting up solid performances in three games. He probably should have returned to USC for next season, but he entered the 2021 NFL Draft.

8/29/20: St. Brown was very productive for USC in 2019, forming a dangerous tandem with Michael Pittman Jr. St. Brown has quality size and quickness. He could have been in store for a big year as USC's No. 1 receiver and the replacement for Pittman, but the Pac-12 canceled the 2020 season.

amon-ra-st-brown-nfl-draft-player-profil

Round 4:

Stanford_logo.gif Walker Little, OT, Stanford
Height: 6-7. Weight: 304.
Projected 40 Time: 5.4.
View Ranking History

3/6/21: Little decided to sit out the 2020 season, which was a questionable decision as he will basically enter the NFL having missed two straight seasons of football. That hurts and slows down his development significantly.

Walker_Little_GS_111018_062.JPG

Round 5:

TexasAM_logo.gif Bobby Brown III*, 3-4DE, Texas A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

2/13/21: Brown played well in 2020, although he did manage to injure himself while celebrating a sack. Brown was a disruptive defender for the Aggies, contributing in both phases, but he did not produce as much as his skill set says he should. Brown has good size with a thick build and doesn't move poorly for a player of his stature. Sources say a poor work ethic and motor hurt his grade.

1034616718.jpeg

Round 5 comp

Michigan_logo.gif Nico Collins, WR, Michigan
Height: 6-4. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
View Ranking History

2/27/21: Collins is a big receiver who showed some big-play ability as a junior, averaging 20 yards per reception. Michigan was inconsistent, however, at getting him the ball due to its streaky quarterback play. He could have been a riser because he has the size to be a mismatch weapon, but he decided to sit out the 2020 season and prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft.

fd04efb9-ae23-4076-8bc1-047d9572eb5e-col

Round 5:

BYU_logo.gif Matt Bushman, TE, BYU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

2/27/21: During preseason practice, Bushman ruptured an Achilles tendon and went out for the season. He would have been wise to take a medical redshirt or the extra year of COVID-19 eligibility and return to BYU for 2021, but he decided to enter the 2021 NFL Draft. If he had stayed healthy, he could have been a mid-round pick, but coming off a serious injury, he could slide to the late rounds of the 2021 NFL Draft. Some teams might project him as an undrafted free agent depending on the medical report.

1190468232.jpg.jpg

Round 6:

Kentucky_logo.gif Max Duffy, P, Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 186.
Projected 40 Time: .
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

2/20/21: Duffy averaged 46 yards per punt in 2020 and had a long of 75 yards. He earned a coveted invitation to the Senior Bowl. Duffy won the Ray Guy Award in 2019 for the best punter in the nation after averaging 48.1 yards per punt and making a long of 70 yards. As a sophomore, he averaged 45 yards per punt with a long of 67 yards. Duffy is the favorite to be the first punter taken in the 2021 NFL Draft.

YT7Z3DCYNRANJE4JL3UHKU65SQ.jpg

Round 7:

Colorado_logo.gif Nate Landman, ILB, Colorado
Height: 6-3. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

2/13/21: Landman was a solid and productive player for Colorado in 2020. He's a late-round sleeper who could be a backup and special teams contributor.

landman_nate_16x9.jpg

• Like 4

I like it.  Why?  It's realistic.  With a weak IDL class, you got Snacks back, and I'm guessing it didn't cost much.

You took a flier on a corner who can certainly play when healthy.  You took another flier on an EDGE with upside.

I'm not digging a center in the first round.  But the kid is versatile and with him and Jenkins on the line, we have the luxury of moving them around.  

I think you hit some gold in round 2, 3 and 4.  Stokes, I think, just run a sub 4.3 40 yard dash at a pro day.  

Gainwell would be fun to have in the offense.  Backup RB and jet motion guy.

St. Brown...well....my only negative on him is that we already have one St. Brown.  AND THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!  (ESB is released.)  When I see Amon on tape, it reminds me a lot of Ju-Ju's tape coming out.  

Walker Little is going to go higher.  For a big guy, he's pretty athletic.  I really like him.

After that, I don't much care, but I do like taking an IDL there and an ILB.

Your whole mock makes sense.  Only little hiccup to me is the C in the first round, but I do see how it can help the team immediately and for the future.

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I like it.  Why?  It's realistic.  With a weak IDL class, you got Snacks back, and I'm guessing it didn't cost much.

You took a flier on a corner who can certainly play when healthy.  You took another flier on an EDGE with upside.

I'm not digging a center in the first round.  But the kid is versatile and with him and Jenkins on the line, we have the luxury of moving them around.  

I think you hit some gold in round 2, 3 and 4.  Stokes, I think, just run a sub 4.3 40 yard dash at a pro day.  

Gainwell would be fun to have in the offense.  Backup RB and jet motion guy.

St. Brown...well....my only negative on him is that we already have one St. Brown.  AND THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!  (ESB is released.)  When I see Amon on tape, it reminds me a lot of Ju-Ju's tape coming out.  

Walker Little is going to go higher.  For a big guy, he's pretty athletic.  I really like him.

After that, I don't much care, but I do like taking an IDL there and an ILB.

Your whole mock makes sense.  Only little hiccup to me is the C in the first round, but I do see how it can help the team immediately and for the future.

Thanks! I actually think Slater could be a pretty damn good right tackle.

I thought people would hate that I signed Tak because of the investment we have in the position. Tak could thrive in this defense especially facing mostly 1 on 1s 

How can I not like it when you have a likely top 15 pick lasting to us? 

I don't know much about the later round guys still, but the positions look good. Love adding Verrett, don't think Takk will even be a consideration for us with his character. 

Edited by JBURGE

I'd hate Tak if it cost real money to bring him in.  No issue with him as EDGE3 or EDGE4.  

I really liked that you got two WR to groom.  Adams, MVS, Lazard, ASB, Collins.  I think that is a nice 5 to have.  

Slater is a little short for tackle.  But, I do think he has the feet and base for it.  Again, I do not love the player or the pick.  But, it is a very safe pick.  He's an NFL starter somewhere on the line.  I think you could have done better there, but really if you can pull a starter with that pick, it is fine.

Little is the one that I feel has the athletic traits of a RT.  He's gonna slip due to not playing for 2 years, but someone is going to get a good profile to work with concerning him.

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

How can I not like it when you have a likely top 15 pick lasting to us? 

I don't know much about the later round guys still, but the positions look good. Love adding Verrett, don't think Takk will even be a consideration for us with his character. 

If teams think he can play tackle then I agree he will be gone.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'd hate Tak if it cost real money to bring him in.  No issue with him as EDGE3 or EDGE4.  

I really liked that you got two WR to groom.  Adams, MVS, Lazard, ASB, Collins.  I think that is a nice 5 to have.  

Slater is a little short for tackle.  But, I do think he has the feet and base for it.  Again, I do not love the player or the pick.  But, it is a very safe pick.  He's an NFL starter somewhere on the line.  I think you could have done better there, but really if you can pull a starter with that pick, it is fine.

Little is the one that I feel has the athletic traits of a RT.  He's gonna slip due to not playing for 2 years, but someone is going to get a good profile to work with concerning him.

I assume Tak would take a 1 year prove it deal which would allow us to get a comp pick for him as well.

Little is my sleeper in the draft. He might go as high as the 3rd round tbh.

• Like 1

I like most of what you did here but here are my comments:

1 - snacks Harrison did nothing after the Packers signed him - a total waste of money resigning him. Verrett is a great signing and don't know about McKinley, probably a big no. 

2 - your draft overall is pretty good though is not likely St Brown is there in the late 4th round. 

3 - Double up on WR's somewhere in the 3rd to 6th rounds. with 5 picks in those 3 rounds total it makes sense to me.  Sign one veteran RB and 1 in the draft. Hope the veteran RB is Jones or Williams. 

This is a pretty realistic offseason/draft based on our current cap/needs/picks.  A couple boring depth signings and no major splash moves is probably what is going to happen (unless we go on a resign/spread cap spree next week which I honestly don't see happening). The basic draft plan was fine, no real complaints until the late rounds.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Slater is a top 12 pick, Walter Football is the last place you should go to slot guys for mocks. I'm tempted to put Slater as the #1 OL in the draft. He's not making it to 29, he's not going to make it to 15.

The fact your putting him as the #1 lineman makes me dismiss anything you have to say....

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Slater is a top 12 pick, Walter Football is the last place you should go to slot guys for mocks. I'm tempted to put Slater as the #1 OL in the draft. He's not making it to 29, he's not going to make it to 15.

Penei Sewell from Oregon is probably the #1 OL (and top 5 overall) in this upcoming draft in every draft rating sites while Slater is either #2 or 3.  I agree, Slater might not make it to 29 and I can't see Gute making a deal to move up for him either.

21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Penei Sewell from Oregon is probably the #1 OL (and top 5 overall) in this upcoming draft in every draft rating sites while Slater is either #2 or 3.  I agree, Slater might not make it to 29 and I can't see Gute making a deal to move up for him either.

Really depends on what he measures at I think.