FFMD 2021

Scoundrel

20 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Sorry but Darnold is worth a 3rd at most.    You’re paying with a 1st round  value and Albert O.    Albert O is worth way more than a 3rd.   And 23 + 34 Is woefully light on 1.9 in this market.  

Hard pass. 

I'll keep search option of a trade down and other QB options if we can't land a QB at 9 (Are we all ok with drafting a QB at 9?)

The Jags GM said me that he wants a 3rd round pick for Minshew, that's a no for me, but I could offer him a 4th in case we don't land a QB at 9

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

I'll keep search option of a trade down and other QB options if we can't land a QB at 9 (Are we all ok with drafting a QB at 9?)

The Jags GM said me that he wants a 3rd round pick for Minshew, that's a no for me, but I could offer him a 4th in case we don't land a QB at 9

I wouldn't press the panic button yet.   I'd see how the QB market shakes out.    

IRL, this is where no way do any backups get a Day 2 pick.   Guys like Mariota will get released, which dilutes the seller leverage.   No idea obv in FFMD, but IRL no way I pay up for backup QB.   We have so much cap space, I'd wait out the Mariota situation.

32 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Guys like Mariota will get released, which dilutes the seller leverage.   No idea obv in FFMD, but IRL no way I pay up for backup QB.   We have so much cap space, I'd wait out the Mariota situation.

IRL it is what I'd do, but I'd not exclude QB at 9. (Tho I think it's unlikely and I'm ok with it)

I think IRL we are going to trade down with Minnesota. Ben Allbright said Sewell may fall so I guess at least Slater will be available at 9 and Spielman will come calling to his old pal. For FFMD I already know that's not happening, the Vikings GM want to trade down.

What I would do for FFMD is, wait to see if there is a QB at 9 and trade down if the top 4 are gone.

My top targets after a trade down would be Micah Parsons and Trevon Moehrig. I tend to go Parsons at 9 if the 4 QBs are gone and we don't have an offer to trade down.

12 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

IRL it is what I'd do, but I'd not exclude QB at 9. (Tho I think it's unlikely and I'm ok with it)

I think IRL we are going to trade down with Minnesota. Ben Allbright said Sewell may fall so I guess at least Slater will be available at 9 and Spielman will come calling to his old pal. For FFMD I already know that's not happening, the Vikings GM want to trade down.

What I would do for FFMD is, wait to see if there is a QB at 9 and trade down if the top 4 are gone.

My top targets after a trade down would be Micah Parsons and Trevon Moehrig. I tend to go Parsons at 9 if the 4 QBs are gone and we don't have an offer to trade down.

I would wait on Parsons - not that I don't believe in the talent, but I think if you trade back and get Zavien Collins, nothing wrong with that.    The gap between Parsons & Collins (or EDGE, or T), doesn't warrant taking Parsons at 9.

I know FFMD isn't real life, but there are too many reports Parsons is falling hard to discount this.    I don't always agree with the reasons, but unlike the FO's, we don't have the full info.   I can't discount the fact he's getting dropped hard the past week.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I would wait on Parsons - not that I don't believe in the talent, but I think if you trade back and get Zavien Collins, nothing wrong with that.    The gap between Parsons & Collins (or EDGE, or T), doesn't warrant taking Parsons at 9.

I know FFMD isn't real life, but there are too many reports Parsons is falling hard to discount this.    I don't always agree with the reasons, but unlike the FO's, we don't have the full info.   I can't discount the fact he's getting dropped hard the past week.

I'm not that high on Zaven Collins, but I agree that the drop off from Parsons from the rest of the class isn't that big. I'd love to trade down grab Trevon Moehrig in the 1st and draft guys like Jabril Cox or Cam McGrone at LB on day 2. But if I don't get an offer for no.9, he may be the best option.

Who would you draft at 9 if the QBs are gone?

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

I'm not that high on Zaven Collins, but I agree that the drop off from Parsons from the rest of the class isn't that big. I'd love to trade down grab Trevon Moehrig in the 1st and draft guys like Jabril Cox or Cam McGrone at LB on day 2. But if I don't get an offer for no.9, he may be the best option.

Who would you draft at 9 if the QBs are gone?

I'd accept a below-book trade to move back.    But I think there's enough teams that want Mac Jones, you'd likely get a call and it wouldn't be for below-book value.   And if there's a top 4 QB, sure, take them.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I'd accept a below-book trade to move back.

I'll keep that in mind. Collins would be your top target if we trade back? Personally I think Baron Browning is a best option for us at 40 than Collins in the 1st. I think I'd say the same about Cox and McGrone at 71.

4 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I'll keep that in mind. Collins would be your top target if we trade back? Personally I think Baron Browning is a best option for us at 40 than Collins in the 1st. I think I'd say the same about Cox and McGrone at 71.

Depends how far you drop back.   If we're at 20, and somehow Horn is there, hit that.   If there's an EDGE we like, hit that.   Moerhig I like, but more in the 20's.   I'm always thinking if we're dropping back, it's to get a 2022 Rd1 pick.   So that's usually somewhere in the 18+ range from 9.    WFT, CHI, NO all fit.   So who's BPA kinda changes.  I'm not set on my tier there, but Collins, EDGE, some T's all fall there, where Moerhig feels about right in the 23-25 range.   So it's not a huge reach at 20, for example - but you never know who falls (although I think in FFMD talents fall a lot less than IRL, because of the off-field/injury concerns that we don't know about). 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Guys like Mariota will get released, which dilutes the seller leverage.   No idea obv in FFMD, but IRL no way I pay up for backup QB.   We have so much cap space, I'd wait out the Mariota situation.

Well, Mariota just reworked his deal with the Raiders. 

2 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Well, Mariota just reworked his deal with the Raiders. 

Damn.  Still, I'd wait out the QB situation.   For all you know, 1 guy falls.   Then you'd feel silly to have traded for another QB, still have Lock, and have the rookie QB.   Patience.

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

I don't think this will happen unless we are trading back with one of the top 4 QBs on the board.

For FFMD, perhaps.   IRL, if CHI or NO wants a QBOTF, that's the going rate, at a minimum.  Since FFMD doesn't really play the long game, though, I can see this applying here.  

Just now, Broncofan said:

IRL, if CHI or NO wants a QBOTF, that's the going rate, at a minimum.  Since FFMD doesn't really play the long game, though, I can see this applying here.  

NOLA maybe and the jump will really need a 1st in 22. CHI I don't know. Pace and Nagy are in the hot seat and want to win now at any cost (By the way Klis is saying they will sign Elijah Wilkinson to be their RT lol).

Chigago made a hard push at Golladay even tho Allen Robinson already signed his tag. Wouldn't be surprised if they draft a WR (maybe Rashod Bateman). For FFMD they might be looking for a QB tho.