FFMD 2021

Scoundrel

On 3/22/2021 at 2:12 PM, BowserBroncos said:

Also. I'm in talks with the Jets GM, he has interest on moving up to #9 from 23 and is also interest on Albert O.

I thought about something like this IF all the top 4 QBs are gone by #9:

New York gets: #9, TE Albert Okwuegbunam

Broncos gets: #23, #34, 2022 3rd, QB Sam Darnold

What you guys think? Darnold would be that guy to compete with Lock the reports are talking about and we add value pick this year and a 3rd in the next.

Why not trade up to 4? Miami isn't getting a QB, and we probably aren't either.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Trading up is fine if the price is right.   But kinda hard to trade to 3-4 until draft night.   You do want to know who you are paying for.  

3 really depends on what you think of the QBs. I personally wouldn't mind trading to #3 to get Lawrence, Wilson or Lance (I go back and forward on what I think about Fields)

From what I've read here you guys would only do a trade up for Wilson right?

1 hour ago, BowserBroncos said:

3 really depends on what you think of the QBs. I personally wouldn't mind trading to #3 to get Lawrence, Wilson or Lance (I go back and forward on what I think about Fields)

From what I've read here you guys would only do a trade up for Wilson right?

Well it’s all about price.  If you want to win this year the only 1 of the 3 likely close to ready is Wilson.  He projects to a safe floor and still has a high ceiling.  The other 2 guys have insane ceilings but lower floors and need time to develop more than Wilson.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Well it’s all about price.  If you want to win this year the only 1 of the 3 likely close to ready is Wilson.  He projects to a safe floor and still has a high ceiling.  The other 2 guys have insane ceilings but lower floors and need time to develop more than Wilson.  

I disagree with that thought completely. But if you like Wilson, go for it.

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I disagree with that thought completely. But if you like Wilson, go for it.

I’m a sucker for ceiling.   I wouldn’t pay up for 1.2 but that’s likely what is necessary to get Wilson.    I’d probably consider paying for Lance given he’s going to cost less and we can afford the 1-year redshirt.    But I can’t ignore the market differences in price either.   Shrug. 

37 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I’m a sucker for ceiling.   I wouldn’t pay up for 1.2 but that’s likely what is necessary to get Wilson.    I’d probably consider paying for Lance given he’s going to cost less and we can afford the 1-year redshirt.    But I can’t ignore the market differences in price either.   Shrug. 

If Wilson is there at 4, it'd probably be cheaper to trade with me. Just saying.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 3:23 PM, Dbrog24 said:

Welp...everything has completely changed now. Trade back Paton!

I had one offer from the Saints, but Wilson or Fields needed to be there....with Jags, Jets, Niners and now WTF in the top 4 that won't be happening.

I have an offer from Buffalo: 9 for 30, 61 and 2022 2nd.

And maybe will get this offer from the Jets: 9 for 23, 21 3rd (I think it is around the 86 pick), 22 2nd and Darnold.

Also, I have and negotiation with the Jaguars for Minshew

What you guys think? Who would you guys target after the trade down? I have eyes on Jaycee Horn (if falls), Jayson Oweh, Trevon Moehrig, Teven Jenkins, Jaylen Mayfield, Greg Newsome and Joseph Ossai....I could be talked into Najee Harris and Javonte Williams tho I'd rather wait to look at RB.

Edited by BowserBroncos

11 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

I had one offer from the Saints, but Wilson or Fields needed to be there....with Jags, Jets, Niners and now WTF in the top 4 that won't be happening.

I have an offer from Buffalo: 9 for 30, 61 and 2022 2nd.

And maybe will get this offer from the Jets: 9 for 23, 21 3rd (I think it is around the 86 pick), 22 2nd and Darnold.

Also, I have and negotiation with the Jaguars for Minshew

What you guys think? Who would you guys target after the trade down? I have eyes on Jaycee Horn (if falls), Jayson Oweh, Trevon Moehrig, Teven Jenkins, Jaylen Mayfield, Greg Newsome and Joseph Ossai....I could be talked into Najee Harris and Javonte Williams tho I'd rather wait to look at RB.

You know better than anyone here, except for @Scoundrel  - but what does waiting usually end up getting teams?

If the deal doesn't seem amazing, usually teams are better off waiting, if the pick is in demand.    I'm not really sold on trading back from 9 to 20's if it's for anything but a future 1st, TBH.    Getting top 50 guys with a 50 percent bust rate isn't a real needle mover for me.     And Darnold again isn't worth a 1st - (and a 2nd, 3rd & Darnold isn't really a win either).

Honestly, if you can't move back, take the best guy on the board - it's likely either Slater or Parsons, depending on you feel about Parsons off-field issues.    I'm guessing in FFMD that character concerns do not ding players nearly as much in real life.     Moving back for the sake of moving back is meh - the reason I'm all for it is with the real-life demand for Mac Jones, if there's a team desperate enough to move from 20's to 9 - it's costing a 1st rounder, probably more.    Getting a player in the 20's AND getting a premium future pick is a winning formula - getting several guys with inherent 50-percent bust rate, to move down?   Not interested in the least.     If you were going to move back from 9 to 12-14 and get the same tier of player, and just gain extra Day 2 picks - that makes sense.  But the gap from 9 to 20's only makes sense if you're getting premium value - and not by quantity, but the quality of the pick.   

The offers so far are trying to say 4 quarters equals a dollar.  That seldom works out.    

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

You know better than anyone here, except for @Scoundrel  - but what does waiting usually end up getting teams?

If the deal doesn't seem amazing, usually teams are better off waiting, if the pick is in demand.    I'm not really sold on trading back from 9 to 20's if it's for anything but a future 1st, TBH.    Getting top 50 guys with a 50 percent bust rate isn't a real needle mover for me.     And Darnold again isn't worth a 1st - (and a 2nd, 3rd & Darnold isn't really a win either).

Honestly, if you can't move back, take the best guy on the board - it's likely either Slater or Parsons, depending on you feel about Parsons off-field issues.    I'm guessing in FFMD that character concerns do not ding players nearly as much in real life.     Moving back for the sake of moving back is meh - the reason I'm all for it is with the real-life demand for Mac Jones, if there's a team desperate enough to move from 20's to 9 - it's costing a 1st rounder, probably more.    Getting a player in the 20's AND getting a premium future pick is a winning formula - getting several guys with inherent 50-percent bust rate, to move down?   Not interested in the least.

The offers so far are trying to say 4 quarters equals a dollar.  That seldom works out.

I am in agreement with the above.