FFMD 2021

Scoundrel

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

I want Carolina to pick Slater so bad. I pretty sure KC would pick Sewell or Slater with the trade up.

With us now having some good ammunition are there any plans to consider coming back up? Or stay at 31 and go BPA? 

16 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I want Carolina to pick Slater so bad. I pretty sure KC would pick Sewell or Slater with the trade up.

It's one of those deals that likely only happens in a setting like FFMD.   IRL Denver would make KC pay even more than what you got, given the never-help-your-divisional opponent angle.    

It will be interesting to see where Mac Jones falls here in FFMD vs. IRL.  IRL I don't think he'll fall past us (but we'll be moving down).   I fully expect 5 QB's go in the top 10 this draft IRL.   Obviously FFMD's opinions might differ, though.

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's one of those deals that likely only happens in a setting like FFMD.   IRL Denver would make KC pay even more than what you got, given the never-help-your-divisional opponent angle.

Totally a FFMD setting trade. I probably would be getting a lot more interest for #9 if it was a IRL thing and would need to trade witha divisional rival and fall that much to get an extra 22 1st round pick.

The only other offers I got with 1st round picks on in were from Buffalo (but Pitts would needed to be there) and Saints (but Wilson or Fields would needed to be there)....none would convey.

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

Totally a FFMD setting trade. I probably would be getting a lot more interest for #9 if it was a IRL thing and would need to trade witha divisional rival and fall that much to get an extra 22 1st round pick.

The only other offers I got with 1st round picks on in were from Buffalo (but Pitts would needed to be there) and Saints (but Wilson or Fields would needed to be there)....none would convey.

I understand, this is more of a setting that also only thinks more short-term.   I expect Jones will fall a lot further than he will go IRL, and I also expect Parsons will likely go a lot sooner than he will IRL, for different reasons.    FFMD will go based on more present-talent evaluations, and off-field evals won't likely ding as much as IRL - just like how intangibles won't play up Jones here as much as it will IRL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I understand, this is more of a setting that also only thinks more short-term.   I expect Jones will fall a lot further than he will go IRL, and I also expect Parsons will likely go a lot sooner than he will IRL, for different reasons.    FFMD will go based on more present-talent evaluations, and off-field evals won't likely ding as much as IRL - just like how intangibles won't play up Jones here as much as it will IRL.

Couldn't agree more.

Texans trade Watson to the Panthers for three first rounders and Watson (Panthers also traded a 3rd rounder for Darnold so that they have a backup when Watson gets suspended)

Texans select Patrick Surtain.

We've got four picks in the top 3 rounds. In some order I'd be looking to add the following positions:

QB

RB

ILB

SS

But obviously it depends on how the board falls, best to stick to BPA

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Texans trade Watson to the Panthers for three first rounders and Watson (Panthers also traded a 3rd rounder for Darnold so that they have a backup when Watson gets suspended)

We've got four picks in the top 3 rounds. In some order I'd be looking to add the following positions:

QB

RB

ILB

SS

This is a classic case of mock draft GM's being unafraid to a level we don't see IRL.   There's no doubt if Watson gets cleared, he's going for that type of haul and probably even more (in that Bridgewater is likely being replaced by a young player on D, plus 3 1sts).       But obviously if he gets a huge suspension, or even an indefinite one - the Panthers are on the hook.   In FFMD, no one is losing a real life job - just a Forum one, lol.     If Watson gets cleared, this is going to be look way below market, given the price SF just paid.  But obv with huge risk, until the outcome is known.

6 hours ago, paul-mac said:

QB

RB

ILB

SS

How much greater do you think our need at RB is? I think there is a good chance Javonte Williams be the BPA at 40.

Quick mock 3 round mock looking at the board.

31. Zaven Collins - ILB - Tulsa

40. Javonte Williams - RB - North Carolina

63. Elijah Molden - CB - Washington

71. Quinn Meinerz - OL - Wisconsin-Whitewater

Edited by BowserBroncos

2 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

How much greater do you think our need at RB is? I think there is a good chance Javonte Williams be the BPA at 40.

Quick mock 3 round mock looking at the board.

31. Zaven Collins - ILB - Tulsa

40. Javonte Williams - RB - North Carolina

63. Elijah Molden - CB - Washington

71. Quinn Meinerz - OL - Wisconsin-Whitewater

I’m all for Javonte.... we need a future starting RB