FFMD 2021

Scoundrel

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

What about trading out of the first round entirely? The WFT are trying to move back in and we could get their 2nd and 3rd perhaps.

Or stay put and go BPA

It depends on who's left at 31, honestly. I sent my 2 guys I'd stay at 31 for.

Edited by Broncofan

Oweh is a solid BPA pick at 31 and fits one of our 3 top needs.   Would back that - Ojulari too, but I can get behind the Oweh ceiling being higher.   Ojulari is a speed / quick twitch freak at 6'2 240+, whereas Oweh has the size/length to become more in the mold of Von/Mack - but his instincts are raw, and he's still really raw.  I expect both will go around this area IRL.

Edited by Broncofan

If Ojulari was 6'5, 250+ - he'd probably go top 10 this year.    His lack of length and the fact big T's can wash him out when his speed rush doesn't win, are his only 2 negatives.    His suddeness, nose for the ball, and instincts are off the charts.    And he's got room to add a little bulk, and his power game isn't non-existent, but his technique isn't nearly as refined - so it's learnable.  

He'd be a terrible fit for a 4-3 vs. the run...but in our 3-4 base, and as a Melvin Ingram type pass rusher when we go 4-3 type setup, he has the tools & skills to dominate.   @BowserBroncos knows he was my top pick at 31, after waffling on Oweh a little bit.   I would have taken Collins first, as I think he's got a great ceiling too, but as he's off the board, IMO the BPA and the need are met.   

Edited by Broncofan

Man, I'd be really happy if we got a 2022 1st (although I'd rather not have KC), a D player like Collins/Ojulari, and Javonte Williams.   Well done so far.    A little overpay to move up, but I doubt you'd have got him at 40 as teams with RB needs picking ahead of us (MIA, ATL) with both Etienne & Harris gone.   I think Williams is going to be a superstar RB.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1