Armsteeld March Mock 2021

What's good? It's been a while. Let's do this!

Rd1. RB Najee Harris 6'2 230

Rd2. CB Eric Stokes 6'1 185

Rd3. G Aaron Banks 6'5 330

Rd4. WR Anthony Schwartz 5'11 184

Rd4. T/G Robert Jones 6'5 320

Rd6. C Trey Hill 6'3 330

Rd6. OLB Patrick Johnson 6'3 255

Rd7. TE John Bates 6'5 250

Rd7. FS Shawn Davis 6'0 190

Tell me how you guys feel about this one. Thanks and looking forward to discussing football once again.

That'd be a helluva draft.

I think R.Jones is G tho, not a T, in the NFL,
so I'm not sure you need him and Banks.
But I do like them both.

But those first 6 picks would be very, very solid.

11 hours ago, mwalker said:

That'd be a helluva draft.

I think R.Jones is G tho, not a T, in the NFL,
so I'm not sure you need him and Banks.
But I do like them both.

But those first 6 picks would be very, very solid.

Jones was a college T but he also played G similar to Trey Smith. I love Smith but felt Jones was the better T of the two. Are you familiar with Patrick Johnson? He's a stronger Alex Highsmith. He is a monster off the edge.

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Jones was a college T but he also played G similar to Trey Smith. I love Smith but felt Jones was the better T of the two. Are you familiar with Patrick Johnson? He's a stronger Alex Highsmith. He is a monster off the edge.

I like T.Smith. I think he's a OG or RT. I suppose Hunt might be the same.
I see P.Johnson and A.Highsmith as similar actually. M.Koonce is also a mid round edge that's interesting.
They could also surprise folks and pick a part time rusher, who isn't your typical 3-4 Edge.
I'm curious to see if they pick up a DT.

Again, almost never a fan of 1st round RBs....especially this year.   Ive accepted it as a possibility, but I still dont like it.

CB is obviously a need, but for a team that laughably sucks so bad at drafting CBs, an early pick worries me.   Not opposed to it....just not too comfortable with it.  Feels like we draft a semi decent one every 5 years, but usually we need to lean on free agency to make up for the shortcomings drafting them.

This feels like an especially important draft for us, and those first two picks make me nervous as hell.

I'm still holding out hope that the team is able to retain one if not both their CB's, and I don't see Haden going anywhere. Plus, as stated, given their history of drafting the position in the Tombert era, I'd be opposed to it in R2.

I think you have to be serious about trying to find potentially two OL starters in this draft if you want to have a shot next year at anything. The team needs a LT and a center. Decastro isn't going anywhere and they have their future starter at guard in Dotson.

I prefer to pick BPA, but if I'm going on need I want a legit tackle, center, and RB in the top three picks.

Just read an interesting article from Daniel Jeremiah where he describes J.Williams from UNC as Nick Chubb.
He said he's really special with contact balance and power and that, he believed, the Steelers were the perfect 
fit at the end of round 1. He said UNC has some coaches who were previously at Georgia and they said the Williams
Chubb similarities are "eerie". I do really rate Chubb. So if Williams is indeed that, I'd be all for it.

I still prefer an OT in the first and Williams in 2, but if that OT isn't there...

On 3/9/2021 at 8:46 PM, mwalker said:

Just read an interesting article from Daniel Jeremiah where he describes J.Williams from UNC as Nick Chubb.
He said he's really special with contact balance and power and that, he believed, the Steelers were the perfect 
fit at the end of round 1. He said UNC has some coaches who were previously at Georgia and they said the Williams
Chubb similarities are "eerie". I do really rate Chubb. So if Williams is indeed that, I'd be all for it.

I still prefer an OT in the first and Williams in 2, but if that OT isn't there...

I think Williams is closer to Rashard Mendenhall than Nick Chubb. Chubb is a power back whereas Williams is a slasher like Mendenhall who can use his power at times. Just my two cents lol

• Like 1