Snap Counts - Week 6 Edition

Deadpulse

Screen_Shot_2017_10_15_at_4.56.53_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2017_10_15_at_4.57.03_PM.png

Odd that Nate Solder missed a few snaps. I know someone noticed it during the game, @tonyto36? Surprised by the limited amount of snaps Danny got. Dwayne Allen on in on 5 snaps is just.. wow. That screams to me that they don't even want him out there blocking. 

I never want to see Bademosi in on 96% of snaps again please. Branch saw a significant uptick in snaps, must have had a good week at practice. Wise in on 79% of snaps is a good sign that they are trusting him in more than just pass rush situations. Crazy how few snaps we used 3 corners on with the low count from Jonathan Jones. 

I wonder if front office doesn't feel like this was their worst off-season ever. Acquisitions haven't panned out as hoped (minus Cooks), decisions have backfired (e.g. KVN as optimus prime, Malc But etc), key members have returned worse than previous season (Branch and Butler), only one draft pick has any time whatsoever. 

Nice to see Wise' snaps increase and Flowers slightly down though. Bit more balance there. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I wonder if front office doesn't feel like this was their worst off-season ever. Acquisitions haven't panned out as hoped (minus Cooks), decisions have backfired (e.g. KVN as optimus prime, Malc But etc), key members have returned worse than previous season (Branch and Butler), only one draft pick has any time whatsoever. 

Nice to see Wise' snaps increase and Flowers slightly down though. Bit more balance there. 

I don't have the kind of institutional memory to comment on history, but I think it's safe to say the offseason/preseason pickups and trades have been disappointing. Gilmore, Allen, Gillislee, Burkhead, and Harris have given sub-par value for their salaries, though Gilmore is doing better lately.

The trade for Cooks and re-signing of Hightower were the obvious highlights.

The offseason seems fine. Gillislee has been about what should have been expected. Cooks has been great. They are getting good production from a mid round rookie (Wise). They found at least one useful undrafted guy (Butler) with three others (Hollister, Langi and Croston) making the team. Guy had been solid. Burkhead looks fine but has been hurt. Hightower was re-signed.

Harris has been a dud but that was a very possible outcome given his age and general decline. Allen has been a disappointment. 

Gilmore the jury is still out on. He's been solid in man but the miscommunications and costly penalties (and injuries) are an issue.

Not the perfect offseason but they added a number of good contributors with a couple of guys who need more time to evaluate 

20 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

The offseason seems fine. Gillislee has been about what should have been expected. Cooks has been great. They are getting good production from a mid round rookie (Wise). They found at least one useful undrafted guy (Butler) with three others (Hollister, Langi and Croston) making the team. Guy had been solid. Burkhead looks fine but has been hurt. Hightower was re-signed.

Harris has been a dud but that was a very possible outcome given his age and general decline. Allen has been a disappointment. 

Gilmore the jury is still out on. He's been solid in man but the miscommunications and costly penalties (and injuries) are an issue.

Not the perfect offseason but they added a number of good contributors with a couple of guys who need more time to evaluate 

What about Branch seemingly coming back grotesquely undercooked? 

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What about Branch seemingly coming back grotesquely undercooked? 

Don't see what that him being out of shape or in the doghouse has to do with the offseason. Re-signing him was a good move and a no-brainer. Without knowing what's wrong with him, it's tough to call that a failure. 

You could nitpick and say that thru should have hedged a bit and added some young depth at the position but I think they like Valentine, clearly still value Brown and seemed to see potential in Hamilton

11 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Don't see what that him being out of shape or in the doghouse has to do with the offseason. Re-signing him was a good move and a no-brainer. Without knowing what's wrong with him, it's tough to call that a failure. 

You could nitpick and say that thru should have hedged a bit and added some young depth at the position but I think they like Valentine, clearly still value Brown and seemed to see potential in Hamilton

Because he finished the season one of our most important players and comes back unplayable. Something must have happened in the offseason? As you say though, we don't know what's wrong with him (which winds me up, we deserve to know something at least). 

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Because he finished the season one of our most important players and comes back unplayable. Something must have happened in the offseason? As you say though, we don't know what's wrong with him (which winds me up, we deserve to know something at least). 

Not sure why we "deserve to know"

We can assume he's either out of shape or mentally checked out. He was on PUP for no reported reason, could be conditioning or maybe medical. What we don't and will never know is if his issue is attitude based or the result of a legitimate medical issue that set him back 

52 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Best news there is Flowers taking a cut in snaps and Wise gaining some. Flowers was never going to able to sustain 95% snaps per game, and he needs to be healthy if they are to make any kind of post season run.

He's missing a lot tackles and getting a little jerked around in the run game.  We desperately need a functional space eater so Flowers stops getting 2:1'd

On 10/16/2017 at 12:41 PM, Deadpulse said:

Screen_Shot_2017_10_15_at_4.56.53_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2017_10_15_at_4.57.03_PM.png

Odd that Nate Solder missed a few snaps. I know someone noticed it during the game, @tonyto36? Surprised by the limited amount of snaps Danny got. Dwayne Allen on in on 5 snaps is just.. wow. That screams to me that they don't even want him out there blocking. 

I never want to see Bademosi in on 96% of snaps again please. Branch saw a significant uptick in snaps, must have had a good week at practice. Wise in on 79% of snaps is a good sign that they are trusting him in more than just pass rush situations. Crazy how few snaps we used 3 corners on with the low count from Jonathan Jones. 

Just want to call out that Chimdi "The God" Chekwa is still unsigned.

Fire BB please.

Archived