FFMD 2021

MikeT14

With our first selection, the Tennessee Titans select: Greg Newsome II 

FFMD is underway and I'm pretty much flying solo here. Like this guy. Gives our CBs a modern "Long" corner for the rotation next to Fulton, Jenkins and Borders. I mainly like his size, athletic ability and instincts in zone. My issue is his penalties. 

For the record, I wanted Caleb Farley as my top man OR Kwity Paye here, but Paye went ONE pick before us to the Colts. Jerks. Miami grabbed Farley well before we picked. 

I'm gonna be looking to fill holes at TE and RT in the next couple rounds if anyone has suggestions for prospects at those positions who should be available when we select! 

Remaining team needs wishlist: 

1 QB (depth)
2 WR (depth) 
1 TE (depth/starter)
1 RT (starter)
1 EDGE (depth/rotational) 

I'll probably be eyeing RT, EDGE or TE in that order. I don't mind Firkser being our guy for a year if we have to start him. We'll play the board. If we miss on someone viable at RT in round 2, there's always Mitchell Schwartz hanging out in FA later and we can skip RT entirely or get a developmental guy late because I'm fine with Quessenberry being a body for depth. If only we had Dennis Kelly still around. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

On 3/31/2021 at 8:50 AM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Just struck a deal to move 5.22 for Cameron Brate. Competes with Firkser for the starting gig, but will be an excellent addition for our 12 personnel package. Could play some big slot, too, with his receiving chops. I'm pretty excited we got him. Undervalued. 

You guys are back up 

Since y’all left me to run this draft basically solo (except you, @Daniel. You’re cool.) 

I was SO tempted  to take Kyle Trask in the second round as a troll move. 

BUT 

We probably need a startable right tackle more than we need air, so I drafted Jackson Carman from Clemson (their LT, who projects better as an RT in the league. Excellent run blocker, from my understanding. I didn’t do that much research.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Since y’all left me to run this draft basically solo (except you, @Daniel. You’re cool.) 

I was SO tempted  to take Kyle Trask in the second round as a troll move. 

BUT 

We probably need a startable right tackle more than we need air, so I drafted Jackson Carman from Clemson (their LT, who projects better as an RT in the league. Excellent run blocker, from my understanding. I didn’t do that much research.) 

I wouldn't have grabbed a tackle this early, but Carman is a good value at the bottom of the second.