Free Agency

onejayhawk

Just a few thoughts

• We already have so many WR under contract that I wonder if they think they can pull useful  player or two off the deep depth. 
  • TE/FB is a train wreck after Kelce, who is as old as Fisher and just a year younger than Long. 
  • DE will get attention in the draft. Bet on it. 
  • We need a box safety even if they bring Sorensen back.
  • CB, not so much, though they may take one on general principles. Ward, Baker and Sneed is a nice group. Fenton is useful and Keyes has shown flashes.

J

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

We just signed Blake Bell/TE. We're good for this year.

BS

Bell's biggest advantage is as a blocker, which is good because he will be lining up next to a new OT. We played a lot of 1-2 personnel in 2019 and if anything, that should increase. Also, remember that Sherman retired and TEs are now covering his role, so we could use a third TE for some situations. 

Regardless, Kelce is old enough we need to get his replacement inhouse, so we can train him up. We have five day #3 picks, so use one of them. 

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

BS

Bell's biggest advantage is as a blocker, which is good because he will be lining up next to a new OT. We played a lot of 1-2 personnel in 2019 and if anything, that should increase. Also, remember that Sherman retired and TEs are now covering his role, so we could use a third TE for some situations. 

Regardless, Kelce is old enough we need to get his replacement inhouse, so we can train him up. We have five day #3 picks, so use one of them. 

I believe the Chiefs have shown some interest in Miami tight end Brevin Jordan, who I think would be a really good developmental weapon in our offense. He could end up being selected before our second round pick. Tre McKitty from Georgia could be a solid pick for us as well if we don't have a shot at Jordan and want to address the position in the middle rounds.

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

I believe the Chiefs have shown some interest in Miami tight end Brevin Jordan, who I think would be a really good developmental weapon in our offense. He could end up being selected before our second round pick. Tre McKitty from Georgia could be a solid pick for us as well if we don't have a shot at Jordan and want to address the position in the middle rounds.

Agreed. Jordan is a round #2 sort, while McKitty is someone you can hope to get day #3.

Another one is Tommy Tremble. Valuations on him are all over the place, but he might slide because he's a tweener. The nice thing about TT is that he's tailor made for H-back, though he has a lot to learn about in-line blocking. 

J

Sorensen will probably need to train his replacement. DS is 31 years old and he plays 60%-75% of the defensive snaps, plus every ST snap. 

I note that neither Kpassagnon nor Okafor has signed with anyone. They would welcome TK back, but I'm not so sure about Okafor. Edge will be a draft priority to rival LT.