Dak Deal is DONE!!!!

textaz03

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Is this forum literally going to die without this to argue about anymore? Haha

Just wait until Dak throws his first Interception. Then this site will blow up.

It seems a lot of people are hating on Jones for making Dak the second highest paid QB in NFL.  Sure I am bugged that because they waited a extra 2 years it cost about 4-5 M more a year then it could have easily.   
Still this is a very and I do mean VERY team friendly deal.  The next TWO years are real cap friendly. Dak will be around 13th or 14th in QB cap hits on salary this year.  Next year I think he will be 7th at a real reasonable 33m.  Then it starts to go up.    The GOOD news for Dak haters dead money at the end is reasonable.  That also makes it easy to do another deal and not destroy our cap space in 2024 or 2025.   This makes it easier to either resign Dak again or cut bait.   Having 20M dead money in 2025 isn’t that big a deal.  See Minny paying Cousins 45m this year. That basically forces them to keep him as their QB.   Rams Goff 22m this year.   Eagles Wentz 34m.(ouch)  So in 4 years the cap will be much higher and at worst we will pay Dak 22M in dead money if we move on

If this contract got done 2 years ago with the teams same production.

Year 1 people would have complained that we paid him all of this money and he can’t even take the team to the playoffs losing out to the Eagles. ( He’s overrated)

Year 2. Now he’s injury prone. We should have never sign him. His Career will never be the same. Trade him. (oh wait we can’t). Now in year 3 we have to pay him big money we should have let him walk.

Look I wish we would have signed him earlier too, but I believe this was the perfect timing. Look at Goff, Wentz, Watson, and Russell. They all are out or want out. Dak is a pure Leader and is primed for a time like this. This deal also makes the Jones family pony up and fix this teams defensive problems in the next 2 years. I Love the deal. I Love the timing. Through the adversity Dak will be ready. LETS GOOO!!!

Not going to lie, the deal does scare me a bit because while I consider Dak a very good QB (top 10), I don't consider him the elite type that can elevate mediocre rosters around him.  Wish we could have done something 2 years ago, but hindsight is 20/20.

Ultimately, I am glad to have him back as our QB and hope he can pick up where he left off last year before the injury.  And that the cap continues to rise (barring this year of course).

I’m glad they were smart enough to use a void year structure (best way to keep the hits manageable the next two years) and overall that cooler heads prevailed. God knows we didn’t need a $38M hit against a reduced cap or another year of petty bickering

Edited by matt79511