Jump to content

Titans trade OT Isaiah Wilson to Dolphins; Released 12 days later


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

We don’t know what is really going on in his head. So it could certainly be this. But from my experience the patterns indicate a mental health issue. I’ve been following his behavior pattern timeline quite in depth. 

Which patterns? Dancing on cars?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Here we have an example of an Intelligent man.

Someday I will hate myself enough to be the guy who says "Gen Z/youngest generation is a lazy and irresponsible generation" the way older generations did to us... but I'm not there yet

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Sad story. Can't help but feel this guy is going to end up dead or in jail soon. Total waste of some pretty amazing gifts. Clearly doesn't have anyone in his life other than himself that can help him at this point.

Quite frankly, thats my biggest take away from this. I get its the internet and everything, but some of these comments are just as stupid as what Wilson did is. Whether hes so short sided and stupid now or is dealing with some mental health issues, this is just sad. Maybe the saddest thing is that he has no one in his life (or at least no one hes willing to listen to) that will tell him hes pissing away a one in a million opportunity, if not slimmer odds. I dont recall him having issues at Georgia, and he seems like a regular dude even the summer he got drafted. Its puzzling but, again, more than anything its just sad to watch happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tk3 said:

Someday I will hate myself enough to be the guy who says "Gen Z/youngest generation is a lazy and irresponsible generation" the way older generations did to us... but I'm not there yet

I’m not saying that at all. All young people (and older people) do immature things like this guy, regardless of their generation.

But we’re diagnosing a mental illness because he doesn’t want to play in the NFL? Did you all do this with Borland?

Is it the dancing on cars?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Which patterns? Dancing on cars?

If that’s all you are aware of his behaviors or if it’s your selling point  on him being a “dumb aged college kid” ignoring all of the other behaviors it’s not even worth going into a discussion with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

 

He absolutely might be all those things. He also might be suffering from some type of mental health condition. Very hard to say. 

I have just said in a different thread about how disturbing it is seeing a guy work all his life to get into the league to do what’s he done within 12 months. Something is not right and hopefully he finds the help he desperately needs. 

Except this is a kid who had maturity issues in college too. It's not like he just changed over night. 

7 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

We don’t know what is really going on in his head. So it could certainly be this. But from my experience the patterns indicate a mental health issue. I’ve been following his behavior pattern timeline quite in depth. 

No, we can't say for sure. But I knew some dudes who acted like this in law school. And they weren't mentally ill. They were just lazy, immature, and spoiled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Unless I’m missing something, he’s doing things that dumb college-aged kids do.

People who are older than college-age are more than capable of ruining their lives, too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrry32 said:

Except this is a kid who had maturity issues in college too. It's not like he just changed over night. 

No, we can't say for sure. But I knew some dudes who acted like this in law school. And they weren't mentally ill. They were just lazy, immature, and spoiled.

And I know many who suffer from mental illness that were tagged with the same labels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Quite frankly, thats my biggest take away from this. I get its the internet and everything, but some of these comments are just as stupid as what Wilson did is. Whether hes so short sided and stupid now or is dealing with some mental health issues, this is just sad. Maybe the saddest thing is that he has no one in his life (or at least no one hes willing to listen to) that will tell him hes pissing away a one in a million opportunity, if not slimmer odds. I dont recall him having issues at Georgia, and he seems like a regular dude even the summer he got drafted. Its puzzling but, again, more than anything its just sad to watch happen.

Exactly regardless of the reasoning it is just sad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I’m not saying that at all. All young people (and older people) do immature things like this guy, regardless of their generation.

But we’re diagnosing a mental illness because he doesn’t want to play in the NFL? Did you all do this with Borland?

Is it the dancing on cars?

No one has diagnosed him with anything and there is a longer list of behaviors than dancing on cars. You really think he was traded and then cut because of dancing on cars? Come on now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

How thorough of a background check did the Titans do on this guy?  I can get being fooled, but surely there had to have been some signs in his life that he wasn't fully committed or had a preference for just doing wild ish.  

Money isn't everything but man I couldn't imagine just throwing an NFL career down the drain like that.  Especially when the alternative is stuff you could still just as easily do, but seems like all Wilson doesn't want any kind of responsibilities.  

Some in our fanbase give him somewhat of a pass due to the COVID restrictions on draft evaluations. It definitely looks to be Robinson’s worst draft as GM since he’s been here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Some in our fanbase give him somewhat of a pass due to the COVID restrictions on draft evaluations. It definitely looks to be Robinson’s worst draft as GM since he’s been here. 

What major red flags were there though? I dont recall any major issues although I dont pay a bunch of attention to UGA he played very well in college. What was going to be found?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Which patterns? Dancing on cars?

https://atozsportsnashville.com/tennessee-titans-isaiah-wilson-missed-practice/ - covers everything to October 2020.    There were definitely flags but only listed after his college days. 
 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/video_emerges_of_titans_isaiah_wilson_partying_on_yacht_over_new_years/s1_127_33714659 - January 2021.  
 

Then now.   Yeah there’s a clear pattern.   Biggest issue is he doesn’t want help.  You can’t help him until he does.  Like I said before this usually ends poorly IRL. 
 

Edited by Broncofan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Sad story. Can't help but feel this guy is going to end up dead or in jail soon. Total waste of some pretty amazing gifts. Clearly doesn't have anyone in his life other than himself that can help him at this point.

A family member needs to seek help for him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...